Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BUG: Bluetooth playback info

Solved!

BUG: Bluetooth playback info

Hi there

I am experiencing a bug with Spotify for Android and a Bluetooth connection to a car that just got worse.

I use Spotify for Android in my car on my Google Nexus 5 (Android 4.4.4). My car is an Audi A6 and the connection is via Bluetooth. When Spotify is playing, it should do the following (as Google Play Music is able to this):

• show the song title
  • show the artist
  • show the album
  • show the current playback position (xx:xx)
  • be able to use the following controls in the car: previous, next, pause, play, rewind, forward

The previous versions of the app didn't show the current playback position and you couldn't rewind or forward.

The current version of the app (the update just went through a couple of hours ago, could be released a few days ago) doesn't show anything. The controls still work except for rewind and forward.

This makes playing music in the car very difficult and the lack of information is very annoying...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. This won't help but on my HTC One M8 connected to my BMW i can see and do everything as described with the exception of track progress which is known not to be transmitted for Spotify.

There is a bug report for this behaviour here:http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Bugs/Android-Bluetooth-Metadata-is-not-transmitted/idi-p/650...

Please can you post this information there?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi. This won't help but on my HTC One M8 connected to my BMW i can see and do everything as described with the exception of track progress which is known not to be transmitted for Spotify.

There is a bug report for this behaviour here:http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Bugs/Android-Bluetooth-Metadata-is-not-transmitted/idi-p/650...

Please can you post this information there?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts