Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Battery killer

Battery killer

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why spotify completely destroys my battery life? I own a 4g Evo phone and even on a full charge. Once I open spotify, I am lucky to get hour and a half of playing time using offline mode exclusively before I need to re-charge my battery.

Every time I want to play music off of spoitfy I am forced to make sure Its plug into a power supply and its really annoying. WinAmp and Pandora have no such issue's nor does any other application on my phone. Only when I open spotify does my batter keel out and phone gets extremely hot while idling.

1 Reply

Spotify seems to be collecting a lot of data on users. I am not sure how to do this on Apple but if you have an android you need to go to your android phone Settings, then open up the the Apps tab/button that will take you to a  list of all the apps on your phone, scroll down to Spotify and tap it open to view its settings, then tap on the Mobile Data tab, there you should see a setting for  Restrict background data, open it and set it to always, meaning it will always restrict background data usage. This should help keep it from running 24/7 and doing whatever it is doing, I would also scroll down and turn off any permissions it has access to. There is nothing on your phone that Spotify really needs to use and if there is some permission it needs, it will ask you to allow it to use it and then you can turn it back off later. 

Suggested posts