Country

Canada

Device

LG G7

Operating System

Android 9 - Pie

Spotify Version

Hi,

I don't seem to have the "behind the lyrics" feature on my phone. I get lyrics when i broadcast to my friend's TV using spotify connect, but not when i am regularly browsing music. I tested this out with songs that I know have behind the lyrics so I think there is an issue with my phone or the app. I already tried reinstalling the app and can't find anything on the settings page. Can anyone help out with this?

Thanks.

7 Replies

Hey there @akenjic

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for posting here.

Just to confirm, have you also tried restarting your phone? If not, give it a try. 

We also suggest you take a look at this help article.  

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Katerina, i saw that article recently and i dont have an option to scroll down for lyrics. I also tried restarting my phone and that didnt work.

Hey again @akenjic,

Thanks for getting back in touch and adding these details.

You mentioned in your original message that Behind the Lyrics show up in tracks when you use Spotify Connect.

In that case, we'd recommend performing a thorough reinstallation of the app following the steps here instead on your mobile device.

If the issue persists after that, it'd be helpful if you could try using a different mobile device with your account, if possible. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Hi Katerina, thanks for reaching out. I tried the complete reinstall and it didn't work, unfortunately.

About a month ago, I spoke with Sarah from customer support and we were able to isolate this as an account issue (i.e. I logged in with a test account and it worked). She then suggested I create a new account, which I didn't move forward with because I wanted to keep the year in review mix, etc. She mentioned that she would pass the information on to their dev team.

I'll reiterate some key information I gave her below:
Device: LG G7
Plan: Premium for Students plan, Canada. I have also linked my Spotify account to Facebook.
Version: 8.5.46.859
Note: When I connect to my friend's TV, using Samsung Connect and his PS4's spotify app, I do get straight lyrics but I don't think this is Behind the Lyrics - I think it is something else.

Thanks for your help.

Hey again @akenjic,

Thanks for adding these details - they were very helpful!

This would explain what's happening here - if you see Lyrics, Behind the Lyrics and Storylines will be disabled.

On another note, if you decide to start over using a new account, we'd suggest taking a look at this helpful Spotify Answer if you'd like to have your music, playlists and people you follow over to your new account.

Hope this is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

I have the same issue, the BTL option doesn't show on my settings . My account is ~6 years old and I would like to use this feature.

Hello,

I'd like to add onto this forum that I am similar and also having this issue.

I am a recently new member, and when I was using the free version of Spotfiy was able to see lyrics on the phone app when a song was playing. After upgrading to premium, I have not seen any lyrics, including all of the previous songs I was listening to that did have them. I am wondering if there might be something happening due to the upgrade to Premium that disabled Genius for Canadians?

Help is appreciated.

Canada

subscription:

Premium

Device:

iPhone 10x

Account Creation:

April 8, 2020

Premium Subscription:

May 16, 2020

Kevin

Suggested posts