Blank screen on new spotify version

Solved!

Blank screen on new spotify version

annannan
I tried the new version of spotify to android 4. It seemed good at first but now i only get a totally blank screen and i can't play any music at all. I have a google nexus. I don't know what the problem is. Any idea??
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Blank screen on new spotify version

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tokafondo - Do you mind confirming which app version you have currently installed? Our latest release 0.6.4 should sort out this issue for you. 

Solution!

Tokafondo
Roadie
@Meredith: Well, it seems to have it fixed. Thanks.
Solution!

weelox
Casual Listener

If you are tierd of getting this errors they have a optimised verson of sopotify for ics 4

http://download.spotify.com/android/PreviewSpotifyAndroid.apk

works just great for me :) 

Here to help!
206 Replies

licenced
Community Legend
Have you tried killing the spotify app and restarting it or restarting your phone?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

FishSlayer
Casual Listener

I'm having similar problem.

I have sprint motorola photong.

Everytime I try to start spotify, I get a blank white screen.

I've tried the following, all with same result:

* Checked settings.applications spotify. Confirmed data cache for spotify is empty.

* Powered phone off. then restarted phone.

* Uninstalled spotify, then reinstalled it from the google play market

Each time, same exact result - blank white screen. After awhile, I get the android not responding dialog. I tried waiting, but no help... I tried switching away to look at other stuff and back & then get the android dialog saying it has stopped unexpectedly, with option to force close and report. I reported once.

Ideas?

Highlighted

avalanche201
Casual Listener

Hey All,

I too was having this issue. I was about to break my phone in two and cancel my subscription. I REALLY hate that I have to be tech genius to work simple things on my phone. And im not implying that I am a tech genius, just get so annoyed with things I will try to find a solution before I go insane. 

Solution:

(1) Uninstall spotify app from your phone

(2) Make sure all saved data is deleted from phone - applications data

(3) Restart Phone

(4) Go to http://m.spotify.com/us/

(5) Click on manually download to phone. 

(6) Once download is complete, click and install

(7) Restart phone again

At this point the app should open. Log in and get on. Once this happens, you should be able to get in the app store and update. Let me know if this works for others. 

happyhour10101

I tried this and nothing worked. This is very disappointing. So am I not going to be able to use Spotify now on my phone if a blank screen keeps appearing? Is this an issue all around? I don't understand why Spotify would release a version with such a serious issue? 

Spotify APp wont run on HTC Desire C

becaoude

I've just got the HTC deisre C and downloaded the spotify app and get a blank screen. I've reinstalled from a couple of locations and still no luck. Any ideas? 

bert2007

I have hadthe same issue on my HTC Incredible.  I have turned off the phone and re-booted.  I have removed the spotify app and re-installed.  I have tried the solution listed above, all with no avail.  

The white screen of silence first happened after a Android system update--not sure if they are tied together or not.

Re: Spotify APp wont run on HTC Desire C

Community Manager
Community Manager

happyhour10101 - How's this working for you now? Could you let us know exactly which mobile you're using?

becaoude - I've just moved your post to this more relevant thread. If you haven't already, please try a clean installation following the steps @avalanche201posted above. 

If after that clean reinstallation you're still getting a blank screen, your next port of call would be a factory reset. Please also make sure you're on the most recent OS and before installing the app again. 

Re: Spotify APp wont run on HTC Desire C

FishSlayer
Casual Listener

For me the problem turned out to be insufficient free space for spotify on the SD card. Instead of an inttelligent message, the screen just went blank when startinghte app. After I deleted some files to free up space on the card, Spotify started properly.

cvarghese
Casual Listener

Clear SD card = problem solved

SUGGESTED POSTS