Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth issues

Bluetooth issues

Hello

You need to fix your App - it doesn't stop playing when the Bluetooth connection is dropped - e.g. when I turn off my car (This works correctly with Google's music player and other radio apps)

Regards

Rami

5 Replies

Hey there @ganr2009!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The app should automatically pause when it loses its connection to the Bluetooth speaker. Could you try restarting your phone to see if that makes any difference for you?

If you still experience this we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here.

Keep in mind that you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts afterwards.

If your issue persists, we'll need to know what devices you're using to stream and if this happens for with other Bluetooth speakers or just in your car.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

Spotify is running on Pixel 3a xl with Android 11 on it.

It became too difficult to control Spotify from bluetooth headset.

Restarts and reinstalling the app doesn't help

Hi @bgb043,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

On Android 11 sometimes you'll need to change the default playback device from your phone's speaker to an external BT device.

It's worth having a look at this guide on how to do this. 

Let us know if everything works fine once you set your headphones to default playback device.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Hi
I have the same issue with the Bluetooth streaming. Is mainly in my car. Recently i got a new car and the problem stil remains.
I installed again the app but not much changes.
When I am listening to music also suddenly stops streaming.

Hey @Ivonnedanzo,

Thanks for reaching out.

We appreciate the time you took to check whether or not a reinstall solves the issue, in most such cases it does. However, could give it another go with these steps and run a clean reinstall? These ones are more thorough. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

As for the music stopping - does this happen with another internet connection or with the app in offline mode? You can find a guide on how to set the app in offline mode here

We'd also appreciate it if you include in your reply the make, model, OS version and Spotify version of the phone you're using.

Let us know how things work out. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

Suggested posts