Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth to Tesla

Bluetooth to Tesla

I run Spotify on my Samsung S8 phone (Android).  A year ago I got a Tesla and I started using Bluetooth connection to send tunes to the car's sound system.

At first this worked the way I wanted.  When I got into the car, Spotify started playing.  When I got out, Spotify paused.  But over time the "get into car" step got less reliable.  For months now, sometimes the car doesn't see the Bluetooth source at all; sometimes it sees it, but not the Spotify source; sometimes it sees Spotify but hitting Play doesn't do anything; etc.

I generally have to dig my phone out of my pocket and open Spotify. Usually don't have to do anything, just open the app, and suddenly the player starts. Sometimes I have to hit Play in Spotify.

Any ideas how to get this to work more consistently?  I suspect Spotify (i.e. not the car) since just opening the app will kickstart it.

1 Reply

Aha!  I may have figured it out.  About once a week, the phone would pop up a message complaining that Spotify couldn't run in the background.  But I was always driving at that point, and it did play when I opened the app, so I didn't dig into the options to figure it out.  Well a few days ago I finally dug into the options settings, enabled background, and now Spotify seems to be auto-restarting like it should.  Apparently opening the app got it into "foreground" and ducked the background restriction, but now I've enabled it so it's not a problem any more.  I hope.

Suggested posts