Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify does not detect speakers with AudioCast

Spotify does not detect speakers with AudioCast

Hi,

I've been using spotify with AudioCast M5 for over a year and in the last couple of weeks spotify no longer identifies the device.

I've reinstalled AudioCast, reset to factory settings,  removed cached memory. I followed the same steps with Spotify.

Also, I've reset my router and succesfully connected with a friend's mobile phone. 

I'll be most grateful for any suggestions on how to proceed (because, frankly, this is driving me nuts!).

Plan

Premium

Device

Huwawei Honor 8

Operating System

Android 7.0

18 Replies

Hi,

I have the same issue. Do you happen to found the solution?

Best regards,

Kacper

I have the same issue. The last 2 month I am not able to find my audiocast m5 in spotify. I've tried different phones en different spotify accounts but whatever I do nothing works. The app IEAST or audiocast recognises that there is a streamer nearby but when I open spotify there is no speaker found. 

A little help please. 

I dont think that we will get any help as it looks like there is not that many users of Audiocast M5.

I am wondering where there any firware update to Audiocast recently? If there were no firmawre updates, it must be related to spotify updates.. There is a thread on the "ongoing issues" with some problems with connectivity to Chromecast...

regards,

Kacper

Thank you, 

Yes, I saw that thread in ongoing issues and didn't find the solution there. Also, I updated both spotify and Audiocast so I don't think that there was an update I missed...

Do you know how to get the attention of Spotify staff?

Thanks,

Nir

Exactly my problem. Do you know how to get the attention of Spotify staff?

I'm having the same issue!!  I tweeted Audiocast's mfr, but have yet to hear anything back.

I have email audiocast as well but did not get any response... Not sure how to get anyones attention. I am wondering if this Audiocast is working for anyone? The device is still being solved.

I e-mail the seller but they told me that they forward my question to vendor..

Same here! It was working fine three days ago until today. Regret not getting chromecast audio. ><

Is anyone aware of any solution?

So far I didn't find any adequate solution...

I wrote to Audiocast and they answered saying that I need to upgrade Audiocast's firmware with this tool:
https://freedisk.ga/s/p1m2n28e
password: teuvp7

I haven tried it, I was able to connect to my Audiocast (after finding its IP address), but the update fails, because it says the connection breaks at some point.

From which e-mail AudioCast replied to you?  I have tried to contact them in several ways but no response. On their website there is no information about firmware update. Also on the website, they say that Audiocast application from the phone should notify about firmware update...

There's at least one review on Amazon that says that the user found the device sending and receiving data to various sites on the web in China without any justification.  No way I'm using a firmware "update" from an unknown when the mfr cant answer email or Twitter. I'm going to buy a Bluetooth device from a maker I trust.

I got it from this email, taken from their website: "audiocastservice @ gmail.com", so I'm pretty sure it's from the company. Be realistic -- that company is perhaps a couple of guys at this moment and seemingly they abandoned Audiocast support, since it's such a niche product that they don't invest in it any more. Spotify support didn't know about its existence, because there is so few people using it, although Audiocast is on Spotify's webpage of supported devices. However, Spotify changed their API a few months ago, which is the reason why Audiocast stopped working (I learned it from Spotify support). I wrote to Audiocast and that's what they sent me. It's a tool to flash the firmware of the Audiocast. I was able to run it under Unix system via Wine and I didn't find anything suspicious. It didn't even ask for admin permissions, since it doesn't install anything, but I didn't check thoroughly either, because I'm not paranoid about the Chinese overtaking the world. I'd worry more about the US, since NSA is already spying on all foreigners, as Snowden's leaks showed. 

I appreciate your position.  Here's the review on Amazon that I referred to.  

"

bpa

September 17, 2019

I purchased this device under another brand name which is no longer listed on the Amazon store but confirmed it is the same device. The app is a bit frustrating but once connected it is a great little audio streamer. The problem lies in it's outbound traffic.

After running IoTInspector on my home network, I noticed this audio streamer sends a lot of data to Amazon and to IPs in China. For a local streaming device, there is absolutely no reason for it to be communicating with an IP in China outside of when I am trying to update the firmware on the device. I would be very careful with this device as it could present an attack surface on a home network. I have removed this device from my network and no longer use it for this reason.

FYI, AudioCast has released an in-app patch and now it works again with Spotify.

Thanks, but I posted my issue many months ago. Ive moved on to Esinkin.

Dave

Got this problem today, and one thing you should do is to connect audiocast to your home wifi via 2,4ghz. If you have 5ghz streamer wont work properly. 

Suggested posts