Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth track information

Bluetooth track information

Hello there!

I was told by a customer support member through Google Play that I should launch a new topic here about my problem.

I have a brand new 2014 Audi A3 that has Bluetooth. Spotify is able to stream music through Bluetooth without any issues, but on the screen in the car where it normally displays track information, it's just blank. And no, it's not my car, I've thoroughly tested it with other music apps and they've successfully given me all kinds of information about the music. Spotify appears to be the only app for me that is unable to show track information through Bluetooth.

I would absolutely love it if this issue could be looked into and hopefully resolved.

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Replies

This is down to the feature not being implemented by Spotify as far as I am aware, there is a discussion about it over on the Ideas Exchange here

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

From this bug topic, it looks like spotify might be thinking of adding support for transmitting metadata. Maybe add your device details there?

"Might be thinking"? I'm sorry, but are they selectively deciding not to include some features? I expected these kinds of features to be implemented from the start. It's a pretty essential feature. I use Spotify precisely for when I'm driving, so not having track metadata or any Bluetooth commands makes me reconsider Premium and switching service. It's that big a deal for me. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.

This is the reason I have discontinued my premium membership.  Spotify needs to fix Bluetooth on Android before I reconsider subscribing, I use my phone for music primarily in my car and my other applications (Google, Pandora, podcasts) work so much better.

I have a 2013 Toyota Highlander.When playing Google Music,the info shows up on my radio,but with Spotify it does not.Hope they are working on this.

Suggested posts