Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring back What's New!!

Bring back What's New!!

If they wanted to add discover then fine, but not at the expense of what's new.  That was my go to spot to see "what's new" obviously.  That's a huge reason I pay for spotify.  Spotify is turning into another app that was perfect and then they have to screw it up by changing things just to justify their own jobs.  

8 Replies

Yeah why the hell would the take off the what's new feature, that's 30% of why I kept spotify....

Hi everyone, and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, discover is replacing what's new, and Spotify have said that they have no intention to bring it back.

Peter has compiled a list of improvement suggestions for it though here. Feel free to add Kudos and comment to the ideas he linked to show your support!

Also, you can search for tag:new in Spotify and it will bring up a list of new releases at the top. Click 'see all' and it will show you all the new releases.

There is also an unoffical way to get to whats new by typing spotify:app:home into the client.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Here's a suggestion, how bout showing new releases.  I prefer to browse through new music as opposed to being told what spotify think's I'll like or saying I haven't listened to in a while.  I know what music I have, they don't need to remind me.  The whole discover thing is flat out annoying and kind of insulting.

I strongly recommend installing the Tunigo app. You'll need to get the .apk from their website but it's awesome. New releases and seamless integration with spotify. I regularly use it instead of the spotify player to play my music now.

We emailed Spotify about they removing "Whats new!" from the phone version of Spotify. And we got told to write in this site about our complain. We really want that section back, as you said, it is a huge reason we pay for Spotify.  

We would want a reason from Spotify why they cannot take Whats New! back to the iphone version.

What's New won't be returning, however the staff have confirmed they are working on a new way to show new releases in the client/apps, so I guess we will just have to wait and see what they come up with!

As Joe said above, Tunigo is the best option for now. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey everyone - Thanks for your feedback both via emails and on the forums. 

We're keeping you guys updated on this feature right here While we don't have plans to bring back "What's New", we've begun drafting initial designs for showing new releases in Spotify.

Keep an eye here for updates. Thanks again everyone!

Ah Peter's already filled you guys in 🙂

Suggested posts