Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Broken playlist system

Broken playlist system

To start, this isn't my premium account, I've forgotten the password to that one for the moment and don't want to mess with my phone's auto password fill

Today I went to consolidate all my playlists into one list, but ever since I updated the app, the playlist system in it's entirety has been seemingly broken.

The first problem I had was making the playlist. It would create the empty playlist, then I would back out and start to add songs, but when selecting the playlist to add the first song, it would be gone. No error messages, nothing obvious has gone wrong, and going back to the list of playlists, the playlist just isn't there.

Finally I got it to work, I don't remember what I did, I then began adding songs, after adding all the new songs I wanted, I went to offline mode to add already downloaded songs.

After so many songs, my fat fingers combined with the astronomically small Spotify interface, accidentally removed a song, and since there's no "undo" button, I had to go back online and add the song again, back offline now, I go to check the playlist to make sure nothing else weird has happened, come to find out that most, almost all the songs I added since the first time I went back to offline mode were gone and the songs that I had placed in a certain order were back to being unorganized. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, clearing the cache, playlist recovery from here in the website, force stopping the app, I've even factory reset my phone and nothing has worked. I also can't find any other forums for anyone having a similar problem to this, so I'm left assuming it's an issue with the most recent update

I have a OnePlus N10 5G running Android 10. Please help, I'm getting very frustrated and don't know what else to try. 

2 Replies

Hey there @FrankieT1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your playlists. No worries, we'll be happy to help.

We know you've already tried reinstalling the app, but just to confirm, did you make sure to follow the specific steps in this guide? This is more thorough than a regular reinstall and can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might cause trouble.

If possible, could you try this on the desktop app and let us know how it works there?

We'd also like to know the exact Spotify version you're running so we can further look into this.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey @FrankieT1,

Hope you're doing great.

I wanted to let you know that we're aware of the issue about changes to playlists while in Offline Mode not being saved, so we suggest adding your +Vote to this Ongoing Issue, along with the info requested there so we can further investigate this.

If you have any questions, we'll be right here.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts