Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Bug] Close Spotify, keeps playing music.

[Bug] Close Spotify, keeps playing music.

Safeware and Hardware

Android 6.0.1 / LG-H830

Steps

Have music playing

Close Spotify

What (sometimes) happens

Music keeps playing and now Spotify is no longer in the notification bar or in the list of open apps.

What I expect to happen

Spotify exits and music does not keep playing.

3 Replies

Hey jeffreyarobinso! Thank you for taking the time to report a bug. I have the same phone with the same Android version and I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. As far as I know a clean installation won't fix the problem. For now try this:

1. Open settings
  2. Open Apps settings
  3. Select Spotify
  4. Click "Force Close"

This will stop the music. I posted the problem in the "ongoing issues" section. You can watch the status here. A Spotify employee can take a look under the hood and hopefully they’ll have it fixed up soon.

Xperia Z3. Close, pause music. Close Spotify. It's not in notification pull down. Music (whatever was listening to last) starts playing again some time after even with phone on standby or using a different app.
Something is going on in the app that's making it play without the app being active.
Very frustrating when u switch it off before going to bed or going into a meeting and putting phone on silent... Media is still on full. Pls someone reply a solution.

Just read the bit about going into apps and force stop. That does work... But that's more of an anti-symptomatic than a solution. For a tenner a month (for music you can download for free and copy to phone) I'd expect a better app.....

Suggested posts