Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Buttons not responsive, playlist being undownloaded

Solved!

Buttons not responsive, playlist being undownloaded

I left a review about this and got redirected to post about it here. Spotify has been great up until pretty recently (would've been since the last update or two).

What I'll notice is that while I'm listening to a playlist, the music will just stop. I'll check my phone, and the counter will be at the end of the last song I was listening to. Play/Pause doesn't work; no buttons work. Sometimes if I mess with the repeat button, it'll think about it and cycle through repeat once/repeat and then try to play again. That doesn't really fix it though - Spotify gets confused and stops working altogether; at best it'll try to replay the current song but will seem to struggle doing even that, like it's hitting the CPU or something.

Since yesterday, I've noticed this seems to be related to another issue I'm having - the songs in the playlist become undownloaded on their own. At first I thought I must have accidentally disabled available offline or something, but I haven't, and this has happened a few times. It seems that whenever the music stopping issue occurs, the playlist is deleted as well.

I can't tell if the playlist is actually being deleted. Usually when I'm listening to music, I've got low reception on 3G (no wifi), and I've got music to download on wifi only. Despite that, I'll tap on download music for that playlist - sometimes it'll just show all the music in the playlist downloaded immediately as if it wasn't actually deleted in the first place; but if I get back on wifi, it'll download it all again like I'm doing it for the first time.

I don't know if this last issue is related - usually I listen to spotify in my car via bluetooth. Usually when I turn my car off, spotify knows to stop, but this afternoon and a few days ago, I turned my car off and the music started playing through my phone. That's not a huge problem - except the buttons were unresponsive. I tapped pause/play and they appeared to toggle, but the music wouldn't stop. I tried dragging the counter and the counter dragged, but the music wouldn't rewind or fast forward. When the song got to the end, it stopped by itself (and shouldn't have - it's not the end of a playlist, but obviously spotify got confused and this was its natural end).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ah cool, looks like your local tracks may have some form of correuption or be in an incompatible format... it may be worth trying to re-sync them to see if the cache just got messd up a little.

Anyway, let me know if this is fixed.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved.

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Android Troubleshooting:

After a clean install, the same thing is happening. It seems to only be a problem with one playlist - it tries to download it, seems to fail, says "Waiting to download" for a second and then tries again for about 5 seconds, says "waiting to download" again, rinse repeat until it seems to give up altogether and Available Offline disables itself. When I re-enable it, some of the songs appear already downloaded as it tries to download the rest, there's no wait time before the downloaded icon goes green.

I made a new playlist and copied all the songs from the old one to the new one, but the same thing happened to the new one as well.

Odd that it's just one playlist. Does the playlist have local synced files at all? When you did the clean install did you delete the cache?

Android Troubleshooting:

it did have local files. I've deleted those and it looks like it's working. I'll check back by the end of the day to determine if it's definitely solved
Marked as solution

Ah cool, looks like your local tracks may have some form of correuption or be in an incompatible format... it may be worth trying to re-sync them to see if the cache just got messd up a little.

Anyway, let me know if this is fixed.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts