Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cambridge Audio Minx Air 200 - not in Devices

Solved!

Cambridge Audio Minx Air 200 - not in Devices

Plan

Free

Country

UK

Device

Samsun Galaxy A50

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I can't get my phone to find my (new) speaker through spotify connect, I've tried both my account (free) and my daughters (premium) on the same phone, nothing

My daughter's iphone finds the speaker without issue.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled Spotify (in case it was an update issue).

The Cambridge Air app, which is used to control the DAB on the unit finds the speaker without issue.

'Local devices only' is off.

My Win10 laptop cannot find it either.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thank you again

The cause of the problem has been identified:

The MinxAir 200 is an older model and will only work with Spotify Connect when used with an Apple product which has Airplay installed.

Cambridge Audio later released the Air 200 V2 which is essentially the same item but it has Spotify Connect enabled for Android too.

I've returned the item and since purchased a Yamaha CRXN-470D, and very happy with it I am!

thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey, @Jasethbald 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Firstly, could you take a look at the following article to get the initial troubleshooting steps to try to figure out the issue you're experiencing?

I do recommend that you try all those tips suggested in the article (even if you've already tried some of them). If the issue persists, let me know and try to give me more information about your case.

Also, be aware of the fact that you just can use the Spotify Connect with your Air 200 if you have a Premium subscription on Spotify. More info here.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Herzog, thank you for taking the time to reply.

I've tried all the tips on the link you sent, still nothing.

Also, when I was trying to connect the first time I was using a free Spotify account, my daughter has premium on her iphone and connected fine.

However, I have since logged in as part of a Spotify Premium Family account and it still won't connect. Neither will the phone of the main account holder.

the issue remains the same, the device isn't detected by Spotify

Hey again, @Jasethbald 

Initially, try to turn on the option to Show local devices only and also, remind that you need to be connected to the same network as the speaker itself. And if possible, let me know if the same thing happens when using WiFi or Ethernet.

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Thank you again

The cause of the problem has been identified:

The MinxAir 200 is an older model and will only work with Spotify Connect when used with an Apple product which has Airplay installed.

Cambridge Audio later released the Air 200 V2 which is essentially the same item but it has Spotify Connect enabled for Android too.

I've returned the item and since purchased a Yamaha CRXN-470D, and very happy with it I am!

thanks!

Hey again, @Jasethbald 

Happy to know that you solved your issue! If necessary, count on us always, when necessary and we'll be able to lend you a hand. 

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts