Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I disable recommended playlists in new spotify app?

Solved!

Can I disable recommended playlists in new spotify app?

Plan

Currently Free, considering re-subsrcribing to Premium

Country

Colombia

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hi

Since the latest update to the app I can't get to my playlists directly anymore. The playlist  is now basically an interstitial which only shows basic info, but not the actual list of songs.  Instead half the screen is the "You might also like" section of recommended stuff for which I have zero use. 

Is there a way to make this go away and have only a single click again  with either Free or Premium?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's a feature of spotify free on mobile and doesn't happen with premium.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @smoe, welcome to the Community!

This is part of the Free Tier on mobile. You shouldn't have any trouble with this if you subscribe to Premium.

To sign up for Premium, just head over here.

Hope that helps.

Are you sure about that?

Spotify support told me (after I created this post) that I'm "being part of our testing and improvements" and that I should voice my opinion about their new features in the forum. 

To be clear what I'm referring to:

On old app version I click on my playlist and below the header I see the list of songs. In the free version they were just disabled. This is how it worked if I remember correctly since I started using Spotify around 2011-ish

In the new version below the playlist header there is no longer the list of songs but a new section "You might also like" refering to other playlists. To get to the list I have to click "edit playlist" first every time.

Under the big "Shuffle Play" button there's a "preview" button which will show the songs in your playlist.

As I said before. The issue is not, that I can't reach the list of songs, but that it takes an additional click every time I want to get to the list of songs which is 99.9% of time. The new version of the app adds what is essentially interstitial advertising for spotify playlists I do not care about. I curate my own.

The reason why this is tedious, is that I have around 45 playlists with between 100 and 1000 songs each and I usually don't listen to them directly but queue up songs from multiple lists for the next hours. This has worked perfectly fine for years with my Premium account, and why I'm not happy about this intrusive change in the last app version and consider to not re-subscribe.

Marked as solution

It's a feature of spotify free on mobile and doesn't happen with premium.

Upgraded to Premium again, and playlists work as expected. Thanks!

Suggested posts