Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can I move my local files?

Can I move my local files?

I want to have Spotify store offline music on my phone's (Galaxy SII) SD card. If I use this method https://www.spotify.com/us/help/faq/mobile/android-how-do-i-store-offline-music-on-the-external-sd-c... can I copy that file over first, so I don't have to resynchronize everything over the course of the next five days?

3 Replies

Hello,

Did you manage to move the files to the external sdcard on your Galaxy S2? I tried this: http://www.spotify.com/fr/help/faq/mobile/android-how-do-i-store-offline-music-on-the-external-sd-ca... with this path: /mnt/sdcard/external_sd but it doesn't work... Is it a wrong path??

Well, I've moved the files, but I haven't uninstaled and reinstalled Spotify yet, and pointed it at the new path. Kinda scared to.

Something you might have to bear in mind.

On the Galaxy S II, the "External SD Card" is actually the built in 16Gb of memory. 

If you are talking about using the removable microSD card, replace "/mnt/sdcard/external_sd/" with "/mnt/emmc/"

The cache will then be stored here....

/mnt/emmc/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

If you copy everything from  /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

to the above path then set Spotify to look in /mnt/emmc/,  you will still have to re-sync, but instead of spotify having to re-download everything, it will find them in the cache at the new location and sync in seconds and you will be able to use your whole card.

IIRC I actually had to add some media files to the microSD before the S II would actuall see the card though.

I spent a lot of time very frustrated that my S II couldn't use my 32Gb microSD card until I done that

Suggested posts