Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Save Albums on Android or Windows 7 desktop

Solved!

Can't Save Albums on Android or Windows 7 desktop

using Spotify for Android mobile app, or Windows 7 Desktop, 

I follow an artist, and then browse their album list clicking "save" to add the album to my saved artist page. 

The button flickers from "saved", then back to  "save." It's like i never clicked the Save button. 

----

When i click the album drop down menu, next to the save button, i get the option to save. 

After i click save, and click the dropdown menu a second time, i now get the option to remove the album. 
So it appears, at first, that i can save the album.... no, it doesn't work. The albums still don't appear in My Music page. 

For the past week or so, I haven't been able to save a single album on Spotify. 

Help, please. 

Screenshot-of-issue.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

How many tracks do you have in Your Music? There is currently a limit of 10000, and if you hit that limit you won't be able to save anything else. I understand that they are working on a solution for this, possibly involving treating albums and tracks separately (currently saving an album saves all of its tracks).

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi, similar issue here - have been trying to save more artists and albums but the 'save' button flickers and the album doesn't stay in my directory. To get around this I have been adding new albums as playlists, which I thought I had abandoned by moving everything over to 'your music'.

I use the 'your music' feature as a library from which I will select a few albums to download for offline use, but this becomes much less useful if I can't keep expanding the library to fit all of the artists / songs / albums that I have built up over 20-ish years of listening to music. As far as I'm concerned it makes no sense to limit the 'your music' section to 10,000 songs as that should act as an index ONLY for everything I want to listen to, whereas limiting the number of songs I can have offline at any one time I can live with because it's not like I can listen to them all at once.

I hope this gets sorted as I now have a split library on Spotify between stuff in 'your music' and stuff in playlists.

Alan

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

How many tracks do you have in Your Music? There is currently a limit of 10000, and if you hit that limit you won't be able to save anything else. I understand that they are working on a solution for this, possibly involving treating albums and tracks separately (currently saving an album saves all of its tracks).

that may be the case, i am currently at 9752 playable songs, but it looks like even the unplayable songs count towards my cap. 

it adds so many clicks to save an artist, but unable to save the albums. 

I thought of it as simply bookmarking for ease of use, but it apparently doesn't work that way. 

i am gaining so much harddrive space by subbing to Spotify, and i love that. I just hope this cap thing lifts soon. 
I am a music scholar and major in college. to say i love music is an understatement. the added clicks and frustrating limited organizational options on Spotify add barriers to an otherwise great service.

thanks again, for your reply.. it's very much appreciated.  

Marked as solution

Hi, similar issue here - have been trying to save more artists and albums but the 'save' button flickers and the album doesn't stay in my directory. To get around this I have been adding new albums as playlists, which I thought I had abandoned by moving everything over to 'your music'.

I use the 'your music' feature as a library from which I will select a few albums to download for offline use, but this becomes much less useful if I can't keep expanding the library to fit all of the artists / songs / albums that I have built up over 20-ish years of listening to music. As far as I'm concerned it makes no sense to limit the 'your music' section to 10,000 songs as that should act as an index ONLY for everything I want to listen to, whereas limiting the number of songs I can have offline at any one time I can live with because it's not like I can listen to them all at once.

I hope this gets sorted as I now have a split library on Spotify between stuff in 'your music' and stuff in playlists.

Alan

is is beacuse of spotify that limited up to 10000 songs, it happens to me too

Yeah, that's what they're saying above.

This is ridiculous. So, let me get this straight. Spotify used to have a "Library" which would allow you to browse/play your local music along with music you pick up through Spotify. This was a very useful feature. It was removed. Solution: move your local files into the Songs ... apparently it is Playlist, which is ridiculous .... and then viola! There you go. Oh, wait, the Songs playlist is capped at 10k songs. So...... you have ostensibly removed the ability for your customers to easily listen to their music and listen to ALL of their music. Have I missed something? Oh, and the kicker, after hundreds of complaints and requests asking to lift this limit, the best you can do is reply with a "We'll take this under advisement."? Seriously?

Unless someone can expain the logic behind this and/or let me in on a solution, I will be moving myself over to Google Music, pronto. Are you purposefully trying to piss people off? Who has less than 10k songs any longer? Isn't that the whole reason to use Spotify in the first place? Well done, guys. Smart. Really thought through that one.

Suggested posts