Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • ryan886
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

the last spotify upgrade not work un my android MIUI & phone Xiaomi MI2S

Today, 28 may, after the last Spotify upgrade from play Google, it's impossible login from Spotify because the app not access to wifi or cellular data. The other app works fine. My phone is Xiaomi MI2s with miui 4.5.23. anyone have any idea ?

• Today, 28 may, after the last Spotify upgrade from play Google, it's impossible login from Spotify because the app not access to wifi or cellular data. The other app works fine. My phone is Xiaomi ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why has downloaded albums list changed?

In the past, when I went to my albums and limited it to "offline content only", it only showed albums in which I had downloaded all songs. As of this weekend, it showed any albums on which I had downloaded even one song. (For example, if I had a song...

• Music Fan
  • In the past, when I went to my albums and limited it to "offline content only", it only showed albums in which I had downloaded all songs.   As of this weekend, it showed any albums on which...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I store songs on my SD-card?

Why does it have to be so FµCKING difficult to just put an option on the app so that I can chose where to install my music? I have a 128 GB SD-card, Galaxy S5.

• Roadie
  • Why does it have to be so FµCKING difficult to just put an option on the app so that I can chose where to install my music? I have a 128 GB SD-card, Galaxy S5.
  • SpiderByte
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't sync local files

hiya, i'm a premium member like most of us (duh) I connect to my router wifi (the same internet my computer is connected to) I can see my phone in the devices, the problem is it says like its syncing but my phone keeps appearing and dissappearing fro...

• Visitor
  • hiya, i'm a premium member like most of us (duh)   I connect to my router wifi (the same internet my computer is connected to) I can see my phone in the devices, the problem is it says lik...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! May 27 new version - can't move bass boost control

No matter if flat or whatever setting, bass boost is set too high and I can't move it. Control appears to stay disabled and grayed out when equalizer is turned on. This was not a problem until I got new build. GS3 I9300 with Android 4.2.2 Is there a ...

• Roadie
  • No matter if flat or whatever setting, bass boost is set too high and I can't move it. Control appears to stay disabled and grayed out when equalizer is turned on. This was not a problem until I got ...
  • Baroninkjet
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Important Notice to Our Users

We’ve become aware of some unauthorized access to our systems and internal company data and we wanted to let you know the steps we’re taking in response. As soon as we were aware of this issue we immediately launched an investigation. Information sec...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • We’ve become aware of some unauthorized access to our systems and internal company data and we wanted to let you know the steps we’re taking in response. As soon as we were aware of this issue we imm...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs skip after few seconds to next on hTC One

When playing spotify in offline mode it starts forwarding to the next song after few seconds and then again to the next etc. It is then hard to even turn off the app. Restarting the phone does not help. Also reinstalling the app did not work. What to...

• When playing spotify in offline mode it starts forwarding to the next song after few seconds and then again to the next etc. It is then hard to even turn off the app. Restarting the phone does not he...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download all playlists at once

Hi. I have a lot of playlists and some of them have hundreds of songs. I have bought a 128 GB SD-card for my smarphone and would like to download all the playlists at once instead of one at a time. Is there a function to do this? Or do I have to pres...

• Roadie
  • Hi. I have a lot of playlists and some of them have hundreds of songs. I have bought a 128 GB SD-card for my smarphone and would like to download all the playlists at once instead of one at a time. I...
  • SpiderByte
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Song pauses and playlists turn to "Loading" -> App crashes

Ever since Spotify switched to "My Music", I am unable to go back to the playlist or My Music view or the currently playing song stops playing and all of my playlists switch from their names to "Loading" for a long time. Eventually they either reload...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since Spotify switched to "My Music",  I am unable to go back to the playlist or My Music view or the currently playing song stops playing and all of my playlists switch from their names to...
  • danielranson
  • Music Fan
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Connect re-buffering

I am playing from Android to Yamaha receiver via Spotify Connect. 90% of time, song will start playing and then cut out (re-buffer?) a couple of seconds into it. After that, it plays fine. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a solution? p.s. Is t...

• Roadie
  • I am playing from Android to Yamaha receiver via Spotify Connect. 90% of time, song will start playing and then cut out (re-buffer?)  a couple of seconds into it. After that, it plays fine. &n...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung galaxy S3 mini spotify airplay

Hi, I have a samsung galaxy s3 mini and having some problems with spotify connect. I've got a sony SA-NS510 and can't play music from my mobile phone on that music box while my father with his Iphone can do it . I hope you have an answer for me.

• Hi, I have a samsung galaxy s3 mini and having some problems with spotify connect. I've got a sony SA-NS510 and can't play music from my mobile phone on that music box while my father with his Iphone...
  • Baroninkjet
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Save to "Your Music"

Is there a way to save a complete playlist on android to Your Music? On the PC i can drag & drop but how can i do it on Android?

• Roadie
  • Is there a way to save a complete playlist on android to Your Music? On the PC i can drag & drop but how can i do it on Android?
  • PeterMuc
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Installing Older Versions

Is there any way to download and install older versions of the Android Spotify Client? I have been having persistent problems with bluetooth (reported elsewhere) and as a last ditch attempt would like to try some of the older versions - either to fin...

• Regular
  • Is there any way to download and install older versions of the Android Spotify Client?    I have been having persistent problems with bluetooth (reported elsewhere) and as a last ditch ...
  • admay
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync storage on Android

Hello there. I hope someone can assist me. I got a Sony Xperia Z2 and i only got 16 GB internal memory (12 Available). My synchronized playlist which contains 2516 songs takes up around 7GB of storage in normal quality. How is it possible for me to s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello there.   I hope someone can assist me. I got a Sony Xperia Z2 and i only got 16 GB internal memory (12 Available). My synchronized playlist which contains 2516 songs takes up around ...
  • GruZet
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify startet automatisch und weist auf fehlende SD-Karte hin (Android 4.4.2)

Halloseit dem letzten Update startet Spotify automatisch bei Systemstart und weist auf fehlende SD-Karte hin. Eine SD-Karte war von Anfang an vorhanden und Autostart möchte ich nicht. Kann mir bitte jemand helfen?Grüße,Amarok

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo seit dem letzten Update startet Spotify automatisch bei Systemstart und weist auf fehlende SD-Karte hin. Eine SD-Karte war von Anfang an vorhanden und Autostart möchte ich nicht. Kann mir bitt...
  • Amarok
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Hard to find Explicit Versions of Albums/Songs

We need a way to either specify in our account profile to include or exclude dirty versions of albums and songs or Spotify should list both versions in artist profiles. If I'm on the andriod app, and I search for Jay Z for example and I click on one ...

• Roadie
  • We need a way to either specify in our account profile to include or exclude dirty versions of albums and songs or Spotify should list both versions in artist profiles. If I'm on the andriod app, and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

locked in offline mode

HeySo I started the free seven day trial yesterday but it won't let me do anything just keeps me in offline mode. Can't even listen to music. Please help.

• Casual Listener
  • Hey So I started the free seven day trial yesterday but it won't let me do anything just keeps me in offline mode. Can't even listen to music. Please help.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Unlinked tracks synced to my phone have wrong track name and album art

I have added some of my own music that is missing from the Spotify catalogue and even though they are marked as unlinked on my PC, many of the tracks display the wrong album art and track name. It looks like some of the metadata is still being pulled...

• Casual Listener
  • I have added some of my own music that is missing from the Spotify catalogue and even though they are marked as unlinked on my PC, many of the tracks display the wrong album art and track name. It lo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio effects don't work for offline personal tracks

I have a Moto G running pretty much stock Android 4.4.2, The audio effects option (standard Android equalizer settings) works fine when streaming tracks but if I play my own content (music not available on Spotify and synced from a PC) then the audio...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Moto G running pretty much stock Android 4.4.2, The audio effects option (standard Android equalizer settings) works fine when streaming tracks but if I play my own content (music not availa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unsubscribing until this is fixed

About a month ago, Spotify began persistently crashing on mobile every time I'd use it. The only way for it to function would be to reset my phone, and then MAYBE it'd work. When it did work, it would constantly tell me I didn't have enough space to ...

• About a month ago, Spotify began persistently crashing on mobile every time I'd use it. The only way for it to function would be to reset my phone, and then MAYBE it'd work. When it did work, it woul...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes