Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't control music and see the name with bluetooth car radio with my Huawei P7

Solved!

Can't control music and see the name with bluetooth car radio with my Huawei P7

I just can't skip or pause music nor see the now playing on the screen of my JVC bluetooth car stereo which worked totally fine until 1 week ago. Other music apps work just fine like it should. Maybe an update screwed it up? Also, do my offline playlists get deleted if i downgrade to an older version?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I FIXED MY PROBLEM WITH NO TRACK CONTROL (PAUSE, TRACK SKIP) USING BT DEVICE !!!

SEEMS LIKE BUG IN LATEST VERSION OF SPOTIFY !!!

DELETING CURRENT VERSION 3.9.0.965 AND INSTALLING >>OLD<< VERSION 3.4.0.762

TRACK CONTROL WORKS !!!

FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS HERE: Post - Here is how to get the old app back

NOW I CAN PAUSE, SKIP TRACK USING BT HEADPHONES !!!

SPOTIFY 3.4.0.762, HUAWEI Y550, Powerbeats2 HEADPHONES

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

11 Replies

Hello, same for me: since perhaps 13th september, I can only ear music from spotify on my car system (Ford Microsoft Sync) but no more control on the music, no more info on the music on the car screen, etc. I suppose it due to the update of the spotify client on android this 13th september week-end. Have you an issue about that?

I've noticed the same problem since some time ago. I could not say when. Last week I found myself listening to music on spotify from my car sound system through ford Sync. I can hear the music but no information about the track nor control over play/pause/skip.

Same for my Huawei g620s phone. In this case, I plug a wired hands free and still cannot to play/pause. The weird part is everithing works as expected in my Samsung Galaxy tab 4.

I thought a hard reset would solve the problem but it didn't.

Maybe the next update will sort the problem out.

i noticed this message... i have i guess similar issue...

HUAWEI Y550 phone - skip / play / pause button on my Beats Powerbeats2 BT headphones doesnt do anything in Spotify... the button on my BT headphones doesnt do anything in Spotify... i have Spotify since October so cant say if it worked before...

can you try guys if you can control the standard os music player with your BT devices... for me i can skip / pause / play using BT in the standard OS music player but not in SPOTIFY...

possible BUG

Yes, buttons on the headset work as expected with any other player in my phone. In fact, when listening to spotify, if play button in the headset is pressed, standard player is launched.
Marked as solution

I FIXED MY PROBLEM WITH NO TRACK CONTROL (PAUSE, TRACK SKIP) USING BT DEVICE !!!

SEEMS LIKE BUG IN LATEST VERSION OF SPOTIFY !!!

DELETING CURRENT VERSION 3.9.0.965 AND INSTALLING >>OLD<< VERSION 3.4.0.762

TRACK CONTROL WORKS !!!

FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS HERE: Post - Here is how to get the old app back

NOW I CAN PAUSE, SKIP TRACK USING BT HEADPHONES !!!

SPOTIFY 3.4.0.762, HUAWEI Y550, Powerbeats2 HEADPHONES

Marked as solution

Yes!!!. It worked...

Unfortunately, the link to the older spotify apk in the solution post  does download latest but I found place where to get any older version. It's here.

http://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/old

i found 3 topics related to Bluetooth problems in Android Spotify... some topics are just about missing track control in BT and some are also about missing METADATA in CAR AUDIO displays... since many people lost track control recently in Android Spotify and the topics are scattered i posted my fix to all of them... for me this fixed track control using BT device... iam dont have BT CAR AUDIO SYSTEM so i dont know about the other problem with missing METADATA on CAR DISPLAY... but some CAR AUDIO users also complained about loosing track control recently... this should be fix for track control... worked for me using Beats Powerbeats2 headphones and HUAWEI Y550 (now running Spotify v3.4.0.762)

following this link

http://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk

downloaded Spotify v3.4.0.762 for me, the latest version i had was 3.9.0.965

than i followed instructions from the post

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/ATTENTION-Here-is-how-to-get-the-old-app-back/td-p/795...

WORKS NOW 🙂

I have same problem with my wp10 phone . Spotify version is 5.2.2 and remote control doesn't work and there is no metadata on car display. Reinstalation doesn't solve problem.

@rh8512 wrote:
I have same problem with my wp10 phone . Spotify version is 5.2.2 and remote control doesn't work and there is no metadata on car display. Reinstalation doesn't solve problem.

I suggest you post in the forum for the Windows Phone application as this is dedicated to Android problem Solving.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partners-Windows/bd-p/002

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

yes, you have 100% right, I have done in this way yesterday - but unfortunatelly this subject fits perfect to my problem:)

Suggested posts