Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't find my library

Solved!

Can't find my library

Plan

Free

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note Fan Edition

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

Hey i can't find my library in mobile on desktop it's okay and can see it but on mobile i can see only "my favourite songs" and there is only 237 songs it's fraction of my library of 2600 songs what can i do about it?

Screenshot_20180715-131638_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Swerver,

Sorry for the delay 🙂

It might take some time to sync so just give it some. Let Spotify open in Your Library inside Favorites and see hot it goes. When I received it at first this update my saved songs seemed to not appear but after I gave it some time they are all back. Another thing, it does however display a slightly different number of my total saved/favorited songs. I figured that out by creating a playlist on my Desktop app which contained all the saved songs in it and the number of songs on that playlist was higher than actually the Favorite Songs showed. 

However, I will do more research and let you know.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hey @Swerver, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Spotify has reimagined the user experience for the free tier. To learn more about the changes you can read this FAQ about Spotify free on mobile.

Your Library includes everything, not just the saved songs. Check for any firewall rules/proxy or if you use a VPN that may interfere the syncing process.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Hello thanks a lot for the reply i dont use any vpn or same sorts of things.I tried to uninstall and clean install spotify multiple times and nothing changed also i tried to restart my device again nothing is changed.

Spotify version: 8.4.62.490 armV7

Android version 8.0.0

Thanks for the information!

Please try singing out and back in to see if that helps.

If possible try to sign to another device with similar specs.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I tried to log off and login again nothing happened and i updated my desktop version of spotify and library is gone in there now also my on mobile favourites still got only 234 songs (on desktop my favourites tab contains all of my songs) im on a edge to never ever use spotify again. 

Hey @Swerver,

Don't panic!

All your saved songs on Desktop are still there. Now they are marked as Favorite Songs. Spotify is undertaking some changes and Songs folder name is now Favorite Songs. Another change is that the + and Follow buttons are changed to a ♥︎.
You will be able to Follow artists and playlists by tapping that heart which will add the to Your library, but don't worry they won't be added to your Favorite Songs yet. When you open a playlist or when exploring an artisits page for songs you can tap ♥︎ again this time to save them in Favorite Songs.
Spotify has made this change to make one universal icon to add something to your library! ♥︎

Try to sing in to another device with similar specs as well.

If that didn't help either please try to modify the hosts file by checking this post.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Thanks a lot i understand what you saying but it just weird for me now i created another account and added all of my first accounts songs into one playlist thrn i gave all of them ❤️ but still they are not apearing on my favourites list in mobile and they are in favourites list in desktop its kinda weird to use at least for me

Hey @Swerver,

That's strange. 

You mentioned that you created a new account and signed in to your Desktop app. Could you please do the same on your phone?

If possible please try to use another network connection to see if that heps.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks for reply i did and changed my network even tried in diffrent devicesand nothing changed.

Also i know it is off-topic but there is a another problem when my friends(or myself) try to search my second accout it doesn't show up also there is a diffrent username in overall acount details while i used another nickname in signing up is that normal?

Marked as solution

Hey @Swerver,

Sorry for the delay 🙂

It might take some time to sync so just give it some. Let Spotify open in Your Library inside Favorites and see hot it goes. When I received it at first this update my saved songs seemed to not appear but after I gave it some time they are all back. Another thing, it does however display a slightly different number of my total saved/favorited songs. I figured that out by creating a playlist on my Desktop app which contained all the saved songs in it and the number of songs on that playlist was higher than actually the Favorite Songs showed. 

However, I will do more research and let you know.

Thanks a lot mate.

Did they sync?

Hey @Swerver,

Please try to modify the hosts file and see if that helps 🙂

Just follow the steps in this thread.

Thank you!

Yes everything is in order now again thanks a lot.

Suggested posts