Premium (2 users) 

Country

USA

Device

(SAMSUNG NOTE 😎

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Haven't been able to go online in at least two weeks except for one day. Despite attempting to access via mobile data and via wifi (at a local cafe, at home, at work, at the airport), I can get nothing except an "offline mode" screen.

Radio tab says "That didn't work, please have another go."

Browse tab continually leads to a green ring that keeps spinning indefinitely.

Cannot search for anything (the only results are songs I've already downloaded or what I've successfully searched the last time I was able to gp online). I cannot use the "go to Artist" function on anything except for the album I currently have loaded, gives me another green ring indefinitely. Any other artist/ album, the go to artist and go to album are greyed out. 

I have restarted my phone multiple times on more than one day. I have reinstalled spotify. I have logged out and in. Offline mode is OFF. Mobile data is on. Data saver is OFF. Download using cellular ON. Also tried the alternative in all cases. 

Plenty of storage space left (see attachment). Power Saver OFF. Spotify worked fine for a year or two until this summer. 

Please help. Will cancel my subscription if the product doesn't work at all. 

Screenshot_20180806-164400_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20180806-164419_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Jayred1015, thanks for writing!

According to what you're letting us know, it's possible that the cache for the offline devices in your account might be having some issues, so our best recommendation would be for you to clear your offline devices from this link. Once you've done it, give the app a clean reinstall with the steps you'll find here.

We hope this helps. Have an amazing day 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Jayred1015, thanks for writing!

According to what you're letting us know, it's possible that the cache for the offline devices in your account might be having some issues, so our best recommendation would be for you to clear your offline devices from this link. Once you've done it, give the app a clean reinstall with the steps you'll find here.

We hope this helps. Have an amazing day 🙂

Yes! That did it. I had three offline devices from the past year for some reason, which was causing all sorts of buggy problems. The app didn't know which song was playing, I wasn't able to skip ahead in songs, and the volume randomly crashed from time to time. 

Everything seems to be working well now. THANK YOU! 

Hey @Jayred1015.

Great to know we were able to help out 🙂

If you ever need us again, you can find us on Community or here.

Cheers! 

Hi. I have had the same issue for a while now and was finally able to solve it with this work around . Thanks a lot!

On the other hand, I must say this was a very frustrating user experience, locking the user in offline search for no obvious reason when the device is clearly online and  with no clues in the ui. In short a bug. How should this be reported, so others can be saved from such a ba user experience?

Kindly regards

Eirik Bjørnset

Hey @Ebjornset.

Thanks for bringing this up 🙂

Users who are also experiencing this issue can search for this thread on the Community and find the solution here. That's how the Community works 🙂

I wouldn't say this is a bug, since there is a solution linked to clearing offline devices which are interfering, so it is not exactly a workaround. 

Hope that makes sense. If you have any other questions, let us know.

Take care,

P

Suggested posts