Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play certain artist

Can't play certain artist

Recently spotify on my phone stopped playing songs from certain artists. I have tried reinstalling spotify which did nothing, I tried removing them from downloads and downloading them again which didn't help either.

Artist include: Ed Sheeran, Armin van Buuren, Katy Perry, Harwell, naughty boy

28 Replies

Mee too, same problem!

Also with: calvin harris, disclosure

same and demi levato plays fine on Amazon echo refuses to play on phone

I have the same problem too. Tried uninstalling, clearing data & cache before & after reinstalling, nothing helped. 

Yea i cant play skrillex for some reason on my android. No solutions so far

I have the exact same problem as all of you. Undertook all decribed steps, but, like you, no result... Hoping for a fix very soon!

Yeh same here with Nirvana and the neighborhood

I have the same problem with John Mayer ...

Me too. The same artists listed dont play. The songs play on iphone app, but not on spotify desktop. Problem started after update. Probably only free users like me have issue?

Ed Sheeran

Katy Perry

Armin Van Buren

The Script

Rita Ora

I still got this problem with Hardwell. Please fix it Spotify!

Nope, I'm a premium user (for years now) and I experience the problem too..

I have exactly the same problem with Grizzly Bear and some other artists. It works on the computer, but not on the phone. When I tap their songs nothing happens. It's super annoying! 

naaa I am a premium member and have issue too

Yup, I'm a premium user, having the exact same problem. Can't play Young the Giant on my phone, works fine on mobile.

I'm premium and I have the same problem, can't listen anything about Sia music, hope fix it soon.

And the same problem here. Latest updates haven't fixed it for me and it works OK on all other devices I have just not galaxy s8

Same mine is Nirvana, Slipknot, Metallica, Rev Theory, Hopsin, Ozzy, ADTR, and quite a few more I'm sure. Honestly Spotify should discount the people affected to a student plan for this next month a lot of the bands I listed are 90% of my playlist

I have the same problem in my galaxy A5 2017! Please fix!!!!!!

I see that this issue has been reported in the bugs section so I recommend you all add details of your spotify version and music which won't play over there. With enough posts, Spotify should react quickly.

Same problem with The Neighbourhood 😞 reinstall app, clear cache, hard reset... Nothing helped. I hope that it'll be fix as soon as possible. Need my favourite artist :< 

Screenshot_2017-10-11-22-06-23.png

Suggested posts