Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't select music!

Solved!

Can't select music!

Hello!

I've been using the Spotify app on Android for a couple of months now and I've never experienced any problems with it, but since I've upgraded to a new ROM [Lollipop 5.1.1](xda link), I can't select music I want to play. The only way to really to do this is to add songs in the queue, but that is FAR from optimal.

I was wondering if there is any way to fix this and/or if anyone else is experiencing this issue, as I like the app to function normally again.

Device Details:

Spoiler
Device:                       Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
Android Version:      Lollipop 5.1.1
ROM:                           CyanogenMod 12.1 (link)
Kernel:                        3.4.108 Alucard

Thanks in advance,

IkRookG

P.S.; I am a premium member.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm going to flash a different ROM (Google Play Edition) and see wether it was my current ROM' fault or not. I can tell for a fact that being on a rooted device has no influence on an apps functionality, though a ROM might. I'll let you know if it works properly on a different ROM.

EDIT:

Fault was within the Cyanogen 12.1 ROM. Problem solved by reflashing to GPE (Google Play Edition).

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @user-removed

Thanks for reaching out to us.

That doesn't sound right. Is it the case that all of your tracks re playing in 'Shuffle mode'? The option to pick the track you wish to play is a Premium only feature. Should this trouble persist, I'd recommend a quick reinstall. This will make sure all is installed correctly. Follow these steps: https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Let me know how that helps 🙂

Jason!

Hello @Jason, thank you for the response 🙂

I think I should've been a little more clearer about what the exact problem is, my apologies. I've made screenshots of what works and what doesn't.

Blue means it doesn't work.

Green means it does work.

Spoiler
1navigation.jpg
Spoiler
2playlist.jpg
Spoiler
4interface.JPG
Spoiler
3options.JPG

I am a premium member so that is not the problem.

I have also tried reinstalling the app twice now, so unfortunatly that doesn't quite work.

I could try out a different ROM if there is no other solution, but I rather avoid doing that.

Regards,

Ikrookg

Ahh, my apologies!

Thanks for the screenshots.

Does removing the Custom ROM help out with this? Right now we don't support Custom ROMs and rooted software. We'd love to get this looked into with you.

The best way to test this would be on another device, without the rooted software installed. Let me know how that helps.

Jason

Marked as solution

I'm going to flash a different ROM (Google Play Edition) and see wether it was my current ROM' fault or not. I can tell for a fact that being on a rooted device has no influence on an apps functionality, though a ROM might. I'll let you know if it works properly on a different ROM.

EDIT:

Fault was within the Cyanogen 12.1 ROM. Problem solved by reflashing to GPE (Google Play Edition).

Suggested posts