Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Note 10 plus

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I simply want to sort my playlist to recently added and not added first, but since the last update i cannot find this information, i've been trying to find it for days.

I tried to go to my playlist and search for an option in the three dots menu but its not there, not even in the edit playlist option.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I figured it out, i had to swipe down on my playlist to reveal the search bar and right next to it a filter button, the filter button for some reason doesn't filter for artists or genres but sorts the playlist?.
It would've taken me much less time it this option would've been called sort playlist or just sort and if it would've been next to the 3 dot menu or inside it, where you would expect it.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Turning off the smart suffle was the answer for my question

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Hey @Crylia,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing when you click the 3-dot menu and open the filter option?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is what I see, I'm missing the option to sort by recently added or by name. I also got no option to reverse the order.

Hi @Crylia,

Thanks for the reply.

The screenshot hasn't been uploaded properly, please try that again.

In the meantime you can try to run a clean reinstall of the app, following this Guide exactly.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

I figured it out, i had to swipe down on my playlist to reveal the search bar and right next to it a filter button, the filter button for some reason doesn't filter for artists or genres but sorts the playlist?.
It would've taken me much less time it this option would've been called sort playlist or just sort and if it would've been next to the 3 dot menu or inside it, where you would expect it.

2 out of 3 playlists I can scroll up and the filter button is there. But one of my playlists it is not . How do I fix this 

i found the solution, simply disable enhance

I still can't figure this out.  The headers are no longer hot links, and the drop down (3 dot) menu option list has nothing!  Grrr

KneestotheBreeze_0-1669242942365.png

Hey @Knees-to-the-Breeze,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you elaborate on your experience with a few screenshots so we can guide you on how to get this sorted out?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

This d id not worked for me. Whats did is that you must not be in Enhanced mode. When done scroll up to top MANUALLY. By default its not at the top! The Search bottom wil appear and next to it the Short bottom.

Remind you that if you switch back to Enhanced playlist mode the sorting resets! This means that you cannot use the Enhanced mode at all!

What is "enhance mode" and how do I disable that?

Marked as solution

Turning off the smart suffle was the answer for my question

Thanks this was driving me crazy

+1 to disabling the smart shuffle, thanks. Wow what an embarrassingly bad UX.

Thank you!  I was losing my mind, but by clicking off the "smart shuffle," I can now scroll up to the "sort" button.

Finally... why hide it like that... who would think to pull down ...terrible UI

Yep me too. For some reason the smart shuffle breaks Spotify.

Suggested posts