Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't use Wifi, only mobile network

Can't use Wifi, only mobile network

Earlier today I upgraded my Spotify account to premium so that I would be able to use wifi to save music onto my phone to listen to in offline mode when only mobile networks are available. However, I cannot log in or use spotify with a wifi connection. I'm only able to connect while using a mobile network, but since I've got very limited mobile data I obviously can't waste a whole months data consumption on downloading music to later use in offline mode. I've come to understand that a lot of people are experiencing problems with wifi connection, but that Spotify have not been able to provide a good fix for the problem yet. I've cleared cache and data, uninstalled and reinstalled, resterted my phone to no use at all. The problem still remains. I'm using a Samsung Note 3 with android 5.0.

Is this problem unique to android phones? My sister uses the iphone app and have had no problems logging in or connecting to Spotify on the same wifi that I try to use.

1 Reply

This seems to be a problem relatet to the current versions of the app. After uninstalling Spotify I installed an older version, 2.8.0.1081, which worked perfectly with wifi. No newer versions seem to work so I hope there will be a fix soon. I've tried changing the UPnP as well as NAT filtering settings, but the newer versions of the app still wont work.

Suggested posts