Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Log in on Android

Solved!

Cannot Log in on Android

I can login on my PC in Chrome but can no longer login on my Android tablet since the last upgrade.  I can login using Facebook but that is no use to me as my playlists etc are under my original, very long-standing Spotify login.

I've sent a message to Spotify but the response indicates they won't do anything to help other than direct me here.

I've tried removing and installing the app, clearing data etc but it simply won't login.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Had a reply and multiple emails to sort the problem.  It seems there is no message on the Android app if you are out of the country for more than 2 weeks, it just returns a bad password.

Anyway with the Spotify techies help I am now back up and running.  Thanks to everyone for their assistance.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Sounds like a weird issue to me, but are you actually typing the password on Spotify on the tablet? If you are, can you make sure it is actually the correct password? In case you have the password saved, try to type it manually again to see if it is the correct.
If all else fails, one of the things you can try is to actually reset the password from the desktop and try to login again from the tablet once the password as been confirmed. It can be an issue of mis synch of passwords in the system

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The password is definitely correct, I've checked many times and even reset it.  It works fine on Chrome login but will not on the app.  It worked prior to last update.  Now I cannot use Spotify.

Their email is a no reply address. Your link starts the same loop leading to their no reply email.

Clearly no help is coming which means no Spotify for my tablet.

Even if the email is from a no-reply address, you need to reply back to it stating you still need help. (they have the original message sent)

Then someone should reply back within 24-48 hours. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

OK. I've done this by replying and also using the link you gave.

I wait in anticipation.

Marked as solution

Had a reply and multiple emails to sort the problem.  It seems there is no message on the Android app if you are out of the country for more than 2 weeks, it just returns a bad password.

Anyway with the Spotify techies help I am now back up and running.  Thanks to everyone for their assistance.

Suggested posts