Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot get stereo audio in Android App

Solved!

Cannot get stereo audio in Android App

I have premium and everything downloaded in High quality but I get both audio tracks in both ears. A month or two back, the audio switched to stereo out of the blue and then back after a few days. I'm really not sure what's going on but would love a fix, thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

First time I've seen this. Which android and spotify versions are you using? Is this happening with wired earphones or bluetooth? Does the same happen when you listen to music using another app?

It's worth checking in Accessibility settings that you haven't accidentally enabled "mono audio".

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

First time I've seen this. Which android and spotify versions are you using? Is this happening with wired earphones or bluetooth? Does the same happen when you listen to music using another app?

It's worth checking in Accessibility settings that you haven't accidentally enabled "mono audio".

I'm on android 6.0.1, Spotify is version 8.4.0.539 I use wired earphones and I get stereo audio fine in other apps like soundcloud, YouTube etc. Audio is fine on PC as well

Nevermind, I checked accessibility and it turns out mono was on which is really confusing as I never turned it on and I get stereo in some apps. Thanks for the suggestion I just assumed as I never touched it it wouldnt be on

It's worth reinstalling spotify following the steps here, if you haven't done this already.

Ah, glad you fixed it 🙂

have found that upon the later cello systems, one must equip the amp with a readily available optical feed to achieve stereo output from Spotify's Android build. The magic was not available via the more patchy phonograph or auxiliary transfer leads. I do not suppose for anybody's more advancing understanding that the fact that sellotape plays an essential role in my implementation of the former's only other important dimension matters one iota or thereabouts.

Suggested posts