Cant use my spotify premium - google smart lock blocks spotify starting

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Cant use my spotify premium - google smart lock blocks spotify starting

Casual Listener

It Did Work, Disabling Smart Lock And Use Airplane Mode sent me to the login screen then i just turn off airplane mode.

I Did Not Had To Change Password At All

Thank You So Much...

Highlighted

Mine glitches and I'm not even able to change the password on my app. It won't even open and I can't access my profile or playlists.

Highlighted

this worked for me!

disabled smart lock auto sign in, logged into my spotify account using username/password and everything is working just fine now (also tested after turning auto sign in on). 

Highlighted

This worked for me ,thanks! 

Highlighted

Music Fan

Same problem on my Samsung J5 2016.  Tried turning smart lock off and back on, but no joy.  Spotify is currently inaccessible and unusable.

Highlighted

I solved this problem a little differently on my Note 9. Fist i went to my app manager and force stopped Spotify. Then I got on my computer browser and went to https://passwords.google.com and deleted spotify from my password manager. I logged back into spotify and my password was not working so i had to reset password but once i did, everything worked.

Casual Listener
Same. This is really annoying.
Highlighted

This may only work if you have a Google account.

I had to change my pw and this started happening to my phone app with Google Smartlock wigging out on me and rendering the app unusable. I went into Settings > Google > Google Account > under "Signing into other sites": Password Manager. I deleted the saved Spotify pw and re-saved it and it worked.

Highlighted

Hello, I have the same problem on my Motorola MotoG 5 Plus. I did everything other people kindly suggested and nothing works. I also uninstalled and re-installed the app after I disabled Google smart lock, removed Spotify from my Google manager and changed password for Spotify on the website. And the **bleep** Smart Lock is still there!! And it flashes too fast to take a screenshot. Basically, I can't use mobile Spotify. Does anyone have any other ideas? 😞
Highlighted

Here is the answer of your question; The problem is, you use your gmail account both for your mobile phone and your spotify account but these two passwords are different. Your phone tries to open your spotify account automatically but it can't. So you see pop ups whick cannot be closen. What you must do; 1.Open your spotify account from internet explorer or google chrome, 2.Change your password to the same password of your mobile phone's gmail account password. Then it is okay. Do not try to close smart lock password remember settings. It doesn't change anything for your spotify smart lock problem.
SUGGESTED POSTS