Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car Bluetooth controls stopped working

Solved!

Car Bluetooth controls stopped working

I have lost the ability to control Spotify in my car via Bluetooth using the buttons on the dash and steering wheel after the latest updates to Spotify. I have android version 6.5.0.1816 on a Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android vesion 6.0.1. Any idea why this would have happened? I think it stopped working 2 versions ago.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Good news! The latest app update fixed the problem. It appears that it was a software issue.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

@bonzomatic hey there,

i've moved this to the appropriate thread so you get the attention of people who know!

here are some troubleshooting steps:

• have you tried a fresh re-install of spotify on your device?
  • does the same problem happen with other devices?

let me know!

I'm facing the same issue.

LG G4, Android 6.0. I've already tried resetting the phone to factory defaults, without success.

I cannot control the app via Bluetooth audio controls. Also the app doesn't show up in the notification bar or on the lockscreen and the homescreen widget is not working.

I don't have any battery-saving apps installed and notifications for Spotify are completely normal.

@Aseari @bonzomatic hey there, sorry to hear that,

given the repeated error, i'd suggest you reach out to @SpotifyCares on facebook or twitter, you can also reach out to the support team here:

https://support.spotify.com/is/contact-spotify-support/

let them know in as much detail as you can the problem, including the android os version and spotify version you're running, the car model you have

hope you get a speedy resolution ^_^

It appears to be a problem with Bluetooth controls in general. I have a small shower speaker and it is no longer able to control Spotify either.

Marked as solution

Good news! The latest app update fixed the problem. It appears that it was a software issue.

@bonzomatic brilliant! happy listening ^_^

Suggested posts