Premium

Country

New Zealand

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G

Operating System

Android 11 

My Question or Issue

As of today the 'Car Mode' is missing from my settings. I have it on all the time for driving before and after work, but when I started playing music this morning it defaulted to the main play view with no sign of the setting.

Is this feature removed or is it a bug? Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20211019-113618_Spotify.jpg
Top Answer
Ver
Spotify Legend

Hey @jordypeatpeat,

Thanks for posting here.

We can confirm that we're retiring the car view feature. This however doesn't mean we don't want to improve on how our users listen to Spotify while driving. On the contrary, we're actively exploring a variety of new ways to deliver the best in-car listening experience. Think of retiring car-view as something that needs to happen in an effort to make way for new innovations coming down the track.

Please bear with us for the time being. While we work backstage on improving the experience, one alternative would be to listen hands-free via Google Assistant. This feature also works with Google Maps so you can navigate while listening to Spotify. In order to do that, you can link your accounts and say ‘Hey Google, play Spotify’.

If available to you, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay both have Spotify integrations that you can link to your phone and a specifically designed for a driving environment.

We hope you understand. Stay tuned for further developments!

All the best and safe driving.

255 Replies

Hey Spotify, please bring back Car View until you come up with your replacement!

Once again, Spotify being a garbage company with absolutely no common sense. Take away an OPTION to "make way for changes", yet almost a year later and nothing has been made. My car doesn't have the app and I'm not wasting money on buying something back you TOOK AWAY from me. 

You do not care about customers. 

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Operating System

(Android 12)

My Question or Issue

The car mode option in the android app on my phone has disappeared.  I was using it with no problem for the last few months (ever since I downloaded the app).  It used to toggle on automatically when connected to the bluetooth receiver in my car.  And it also had a toggle button I could use if I wanted to switch to it manually.  But now none of those things are working and the button is no longer there.  

Since the only reason I have Spotify is to use it while driving, this is very inconvenient.  Not to mention the safety factor involved.  I would appreciate some assistance.  Thank you.

I am not satisfied with how Spotify handled this problem. So called car mode will only be available when phone is connected to car, but I am using chinese headunit with regular bluetooth connection, so Spotify app don't trigger car mode. Anyway, great disappointment. And as I already said: give us at least decent landscape mode.

What's the replacement for Car Mode then? It's been over a year and a half since this seems to have disappeared

They were just bullsh#ting us. So called exploring new/ better options.  I believe they Ceased it to force people to buy their car thing.  Well that was a flop and like you said 18 mths later nothing. I'd be happy if they just put it back to the way it was, but obviously customer safety is not a major concern for spotify. 

Yup, bs, bring it back ..

Unfortunately not a option in Australia.  I just want it back the way it was. . Just automatically connected and went to car mode . Now it times out to a locked screen. Not happy with the way spotify has handled this at all.

Can't believe this is still ongoing.  The amount of times I've been tilting my head trying to read what's playing while driving is stupid! This is a safety feature and should be top priority...

This has to have caused accidents, maybe even death already.

Any update on this??

Hey ENI, after trying to install car Thing the car view desapared from Spotify app. How can I get the car view back in the app??

@Spotor wrote:

Hey ENI, after trying to install car Thing the car view desapared from Spotify app. How can I get the car view back in the app??

Well, I hope you like the "car thing". Ironically, car view was removed from the app exactly to force people to use that "car thing". There's no way to get it back.

We're still waiting,  when is spotify going to resolve this problem. Spotify removed a perfectly working car and replaced it with zip. It's been nearly 18 months and no resolution. The problem is most definitely not solved. Reinstate car view for driver safety. 

Bring back the Car Mode function in setting to keep the screen on and simplified controls

Hello, you MUST re activate the Car mode option. It's the most import function and you are ENDANGERING car driving customers 

Are there any leads / moderators / people charge at Spotify who even care about this?

Suggested posts