Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Certain Song Titles In Disccover Weekly Playlist Accidentally Are In Japanese

Certain Song Titles In Disccover Weekly Playlist Accidentally Are In Japanese

Hi everybody, I've been a Spotify Premium listener the past 3 1/2 years & am currently utilizing Spotify on an LG X-Power Android Smartphone. The problem I'm experiencing is as of today for the second time this month, my Discover Weekly playlist has a few songtitles written/spelled out in Japanese instead of English..and I know this is a technical glitch because the artists and or songs are by non Japanese artists..and when listening to tracks they are sung in traditional English version..Seems Spotify mixed in the wrong language by accident..please help, I need to get this fixed & cant read Japanese

Screenshot_2018-01-22-09-39-04.png
2 Replies

Happened to me too

Desktop App, one song, but if I click the album title I get the whole album in Japanese. Going through the artist page to the album displays titles in English as usual.

And scrobbing to last.fm sends the Japanese title, which is not recognized there.

spotify.png
spotify2.png

Hey @prajmus and @Beltane575xx,

Thanks for flagging this up with us. We've reported it to the right folks 🙂

Just as a heads up, we make all content available in whatever form it’s given to us by the artist or label.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Suggested posts