Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing Output

Changing Output

Hi all,

I have a Nexus 5 and am struggling to work out if you can select whether you want Spotify to play through Bluetooth or Aux.  Is there an option to do this that I'm missing?

Many thanks.

4 Replies

There's no such setting.Audio output for all applications is controlled by the android system automatically and, as far as I know, there's no application available which will send some sound streams to bluetooth and others to the audio jack output.

Why do you have BT & Aux connected? I play all mine through BT and sound quality is just fine.

Android will only output media sound to one source by default and most people will only ever be using the phone speaker or one other source of output so I do not think this is a setting which needs to be implemented. If you do want to control it though you might be able to by using a third party app like soundabout from the play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix&hl=en_G...

I haven't tried this, but I think it should do what you need.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

My car stereo can't stream music through Bluetooth (Ford 6000 CD) so I generally have music playing through the Aux.   Unfortunately this can cause problems when I want Bluetooth turned on for phone calls.

On my old iPhone you could select which output you wanted Spotify to play through and I've noticed that on the Nexus music software you can choose which output you want to use so was hoping it would be possible on Android Spotify too. 

Sad to say, it's handled by Android. Nexus 5 is stock Android (roughly), so I don't know if there's a setting already there, or if you'd have to use a third-party app to get this to function properly.

If you post on xda-developers.com, I'm sure someone could give you a better answer.

Suggested posts