Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Chapters lost

Solved!

Chapters lost

Dear community, I have a problem with an audio book. Since the last week I hear Ernest Cline-Ready player one. It has about 210 chapters. Yesterday I heard chapter 171,everything OK. Today in the morning I wanted to hear again but there are still 73 chapters. Not more. After chapter 73 there is nothing. It ends in the story. There wasn't an update overnight or something else. I deleted the playlist, deleted the cache and the datas. I used the searching function and found nothing. Only the first 73 chapters. Has anyone an idea what went wrong? Stefan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I checked this using the desktop client. This audiobook consists of three discs and for some reason the publishers have only made the first disc available on spotify which is why you can only listen to the first 73 parts. If you enable the setting "show unplayable tracks" you can see this for yourself.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

I checked this using the desktop client. This audiobook consists of three discs and for some reason the publishers have only made the first disc available on spotify which is why you can only listen to the first 73 parts. If you enable the setting "show unplayable tracks" you can see this for yourself.

Hey Joe!

Thank you for your support. I checked it on my phone in the settings. You're right. I`m a little bit sad, because I was near the final chapters and it was such a great book... So... We can't do anything... Thanks to the publishers...;) 

I'm not really into this solution.

I heard some EBooks lately and all the tracks were available. 

But now nearly every Ebook I marked for listening lacks about half of it's tracks, so this is not a problem of a single book. It seems kind of systmeatic, but what is the intention of Spotify?
I can understand that offering half of an music album is better than offer nothing of an artist - but what do I have from half of an ebook?

And why the **bleep** can't spotify inform about such a massive change?

If this has recently affected a bunch of audiobooks, contact spotify direct to see what they have to say.

Same problem here:

https://open.spotify.com/album/4LBi1oy064KsqsmCdROVp6

Träumende Leere (Ungekürzt)
Audiobook has 399 tracks - only 200 can be played.
Extremely frustrating...

And thanks for the post - I can finally stop searching for the problem.
Ready Player One -> don't miss the end. 😉

Suggested posts