Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Choose widget is gone

Solved!

Choose widget is gone

Hello great feature issue In none and beta versions is music homescreen removed and can't add it back same in all launchers? What have you guys done, why destroy stuff instead of fix bugs😥

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Screenshot_20190802-054840.jpg
122 Replies

please bring back the widget, like why not keep it, it completely messes up how my screens are set up, removing this feature that honestly isnt hurting you in anyway?

well that was as stupid idea there seems to be zero justification for removing this i have hd spotify widget since the start, but yoiu know why fine i dont really need premium, or the app in general now I have youtube premium and since im now paying for less accessability it makes more sense to cancel the subscription, this is a stupid idea and judging from teh comments EVERYONE thinks so. its not often you see a company shoot itself in the foot like this.

This answer is straight garbage. That widget was the best thing about your music app. I'm cancelling my premium service because you just made all of our quality of life that much harder. For literally NO FREAKING REASON other than some BS nonsense. not to mention, maybe a warning this is happening before everyone just wakes up to their phone being changed without them knowing! F you spotify, you have lost a 7 year subscriber over this. 

Ditto on everything. This is ridiculous. You don't have time to fix bugs and make it so we can change our usernames, but you do have time to remove a feature everyone loves? That's pathetic business.

I'm happy to cancel my premium subscription. I get Apple Music for free through another service. You have one month to bring it back.

The stupidest and worst decision ever. Why would you do that. It was the best feature. Thanks for being stupid Spotify. I've been a paying customer for a while now and this is the worst thing you've done. It's the most accessable feature on the whole of Google/Android platform. It's driver friendly too. I'm not going to fiddle with my phone and notification bar while I'm trying to change a song while I'm driving. I think you guys want us to DIE while driving and listening to our fave music. **bleep**, u guess that's how you treat your customers.

Bring back the widget! It is so simple to use, 1 tap on the home screen and I'm done. I don't want to have to open my notifications bar or the app when I want to change a song. This is one of the most stupid updates I've heard you guys do. Instead of improving your service, you made it worst! 

Sincerely, 

Angry paying customer who might not pay anymore! 

Yet another unhappy android user here. Please put the widget back. The amount I've paid in Premium fees over the many, many years we've used Spotify is certainly enough to cover the cost of widget upkeep and still pay the artists fractions of pennies for their work. Removing a feature isn't in line with the mission expressed in this answer. I'm hoping your team sees the amount of dissatisfaction about this change and makes a better choice. Spotify just doesn't provide features that other music streaming services can't match anymore, and all my other streaming widgets are still there. 

You are removing a fully functional feature for no reason. Complete and utter**bleep**. Why bother with spotify if you guys are going to devalue your app.

This is idiotic, every single "update" is making the app worse. First you remove the extremely handy search feature while in a playlist and now the widget? I used both on a daily basis and now I must use a tiny square to handle my app? 

You've gone from having a easy to reach search funtion to having to click 3 extra times for the same thing. And the widget was perfect on my homescreen and had everything I needed without having to open up the app itself and now its just gone? With nothing to replace it? I don't have words for how idiotic this is.

Not really an improvement when you remove the widget most of your customers use on a daily base including myself. Did this idea come into someone's head in the middle of a circle **bleep** or am I missing something?

The only thing I use for Spotify is the widget. Unless I feel like downloading new music. Without I have no interest. I'll give it til the end of the month then I'm cancelling my sub.

@Guido wrote:

We're removing the Widget from Android devices. You can still play, pause and skip songs from the notification center. You can read more about why we removed the widget here.

Genius. So I had it on my main screen, now I need to open the app if I clear all notifications. Great job Spotify, expected more from you.

At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. 

Oh yeah, like removing the best feature of Spotify which was syncrhonizing music to BPM for running. And what were your last great "new features" please remind me? The shi**y codes which you can show someone to follow you. Oh great! What's next? More ways of reacting to music, like hearts, angry faces etc.?

You overthink this and go wrong way, not making the music experience better but making the app more investors friendly by showing new, not worthy anything features.

I don't have any permissions enabled and Spotify seems to work fine.

@Guido wrote:

We're removing the Widget from Android devices. You can still play, pause and skip songs from the notification center.

This is an insultingly condescending response @Guido, and does nothing to address or resolve the issue at hand. 

Got it back using the Amazon app store method. Brilliant.

Spotify, you really dropped the ball today.

Give back our widgets. 

Screenshot_20190813_210751_com.teslacoilsw.launcher.jpg

I did a quick calculation of widget use vs having to go INTO the app. The upshot is that I unsubscribed from Premium and subscribed to Google Play Music in just under one day's worth of clicks, swipes and curses!

In the old days, I'd have to travel across the city to another music store. Today, 20-something clicks and 5 minutes of my time and I'm sorted!

If Spotify don't want the widget, they are perfectly within their rights to remove it.  Loyalty works both ways...

I think 'feet' will speak louder than posts!

This is a horrible decision. Please return our widget back! Also, what's up with silently removing stuff with no reason given? I didn't notice this in changelog (which I read before any update!!!).

Looks like I'll be moving to Stitcher. Man, Spotify and I had a really good run but getting rid of the widget is a major deal breaker when Stitcher has so many better perks anyways.

Wait, what Amazon App method? 

Suggested posts