Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Choose widget is gone

Solved!

Choose widget is gone

Hello great feature issue In none and beta versions is music homescreen removed and can't add it back same in all launchers? What have you guys done, why destroy stuff instead of fix bugs😥

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Screenshot_20190802-054840.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @cabban@Led_Zeppelin@inmymind and the rest,

We're removing the Widget from Android devices. You can still play, pause and skip songs from the notification center. You can read more about why we removed the widget here.

At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. When we’re testing, you may see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature for only a temporary period. Let us know what you think over at the Ideas Exchange.

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting here regarding this.

We really appreciate your feedback about this!

You should be able to find the widget on your Android devices once more 🙂 There's more info here.

For this reason we're going to lock this thread. If you're having troubles with the widget, we'd recommend first trying a clean reinstallation of the app following the steps here

Hope this helps clarify things! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout in the relevant Help Board and we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

122 Replies

Hi. Since the last update the spotify widget is just a black square saying "couldn't add widget".

I've tried deleting and adding it back, tried restarting... Nothing. Just no more widget.

Plan

Premium

Country

Israel

Device

Sony Xperia XZ Premium.

Operating System

Latest android.

Screenshot_20190705-065921.png

Hey there @wmln_pk-splh,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community and welcome!

Other users have reported that the widget isn't working properly in this Ongoing Issue report. In this case, we'd recommend trying the steps provided in the status update of that thread.

If that doesn't do the trick, it'd be helpful to leave a comment with the requested information as well as your +VOTE in that thread so we can get this reported to the right teams.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Since last beta I have no widget to add from launcher settings 😥please fix 

Hello hope you fix this soon

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

AT&T Samsung Galaxy 9+ (snapdragon)

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

The "Now Playing" notification does not appear in the notification shade while playing music which makes it inconvenient for me to access playback controls.  When I clear data/uninstall and then re-install the app the notification appears again but then goes missing soon after.  I can't pinpoint what is causing this issue.  I have removed the widget because I read somewhere that it causes problems, however that did not solve anything.  The notification is missing when I play on bluetooth devices, headphones, and on the phone itself.   

This is a very annoying issue and I would appreciate a fix.  Thank you.

Hey there @alexcapone,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

We'd first recommend making sure that all relevant permissions are enabled for the Spotify app.

You can check this by following the steps below:

1. Head to your Android devices Settings.
  2. Tap on Notifications.
  3. Scroll and tap on the Spotify app from the list of apps.
  4. Make sure that Allow Notifications is toggled on.
  5. From the list of permissions, also make sure that all the relevant ones are enabled for the status bar.

We'd also suggest making sure that your Android device is on the latest software version available. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Spotify version is 8.5.16.781

All notifications are allowed including:

External Applicatoins

Playback

Spotify Music

For persmissions, you said, "make sure that all the relevant ones are enabled for the status bar."  Which permissions are relelvant?  Right now, I've not allowed any permissions.  Camera, Contacts, Microphone, and Storage are all toggled off.

Hi, after recent update of Spotify I lost access to widget. It's just gone. I'd like to know if it got deleted or it's just something wrong with my version of app.

+1,me too. 

Same here! Where has the widget gone and why?

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android 9.0

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Xiaomi Mi note 3 

Operating System

Android oreo

My Question or Issue

Spotify 8.5.18.928, widget disappear. 

It's removed, they remove and be added features they said but the widget remove most
stupid ever...

So, why they removed ? We don't use ios because of android widgets feature. How to control spotify on homescreen without notif. panel ?

Soon i hope they will bring it back. Finally. Please don't remove that again😀

I have given permission to camera, contacts, microphone, and storage and now the notification appears.  However, I do not understand what any of these permissions have to do with the Now Playing notification.  Can you tell me which ones I can remove?  I do not want to blindly approve permissions and allow Spotify to collect data that is not required.

Marked as solution

Hello @cabban@Led_Zeppelin@inmymind and the rest,

We're removing the Widget from Android devices. You can still play, pause and skip songs from the notification center. You can read more about why we removed the widget here.

At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. When we’re testing, you may see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature for only a temporary period. Let us know what you think over at the Ideas Exchange.

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Please bring the widget back. What's the next thing you're going to take away, the desktop client? I'm running out of reasons to pay for Premium. As if Spotify wasn't profitable before, you're going down the drain.

My widget just disappeared last night, Android. Bring it back. Like if you're redeveloping it because of security issues or something, fine, but I want it back. Thanks.

@Guido

What do you mean with:

"We're removing the Widget from Android devices. You can still play, pause and skip songs from the notification center. You can read more about why we removed the widget here."

There's litteraly no explination in that post, it just says:

"We’re here to let you know that we are retiring the Spotify Widget for Android this week."

Is there even a reason for this, can someone on spotify give at least one reason? Other than to **bleep** off constumers?

Suggested posts