Choose widget is gone

Solved!

Re: Choose widget is gone

Nooobus
Casual Listener

That post basically say that it's gone, it gives no reason what so ever. What's the point of just removing it? I'm paying for a service and now I get a worse service for the same amount of $$ without any reason, just a workaround 😡

1nYourFace
Regular

This is ridiculous... Spotify seems to only be about removing features without adding anything new. 

First they remove the drag to search in your playlist, and now this... You aslo refuse to add Hifi subscribtion. 

Man I should switch to Tidal permantly now. 

gfdfireduck
Casual Listener

This is the most ridiculous "update" ever.  It doesn't even have a reason in the article linked.  A person has to choose whether to have the widget on their phone's home screen so this is about customization.  Now I have to go find the app. and open it to make changes to playlists rather than one click on the home screen.  This feature was used so many times per day for me.  Your users had the option whether to install it or not so you taking it away is making it more difficult to individualize the app. they pay to use.  

bferris13

That's not a 'solution' - I use the widget every day. Now I have to sideload an old version to get this basic functionality. This is ABSURD. Put the widget back, or I will cancel my sub and go over to Google Music, or something more friendly to Android. 

farred247

Astonishingly bad idea. This is the opposite of an improvement. It's a pointless reduction and the explanation given is laughable. Seriously thinking of switching to another music app. Please reinstate it.

Swc704
Casual Listener

So stupid! Did Apple pay you to bring Android down to stupid iOS level?

mannyandmarisol

I really hope you bring the wedget back and soon. Otherwise I will be forced to look for a different source for my music. This is one of the stupidest ideas a company has had in years. 

x2iad6-_dv4hh
Casual Listener
  • I'll just sideload the older version and not update.  But this is a bad decision and you are treating your customers badly.  

BMcFarland618
Casual Listener

This is possibly one of the stupidest decisions a company could make. Why would you remove something that made using your service easier. Bring the widget back! 

bengtsonfarm
Casual Listener

And just like that I cancel my premium spotify.. I use the widget every day of my life.  What were you thinking spotify. I can find no printed reason for this. 

SUGGESTED POSTS