Choose widget is gone

Solved!

Re: Choose widget is gone

inmymind

Same here! Where has the widget gone and why?

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android 9.0

Widget disappear after last update

Led_Zeppelin
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Xiaomi Mi note 3 

Operating System

Android oreo

My Question or Issue

Spotify 8.5.18.928, widget disappear. 

cabban
Music Fan

It's removed, they remove and be added features they said but the widget remove most
stupid ever...

Led_Zeppelin
Casual Listener

So, why they removed ? We don't use ios because of android widgets feature. How to control spotify on homescreen without notif. panel ?

cabban
Music Fan

Soon i hope they will bring it back. Finally. Please don't remove that again😀

Re: Now Playing Notificaiton Missing from Notification Shade

alexcapone
Regular

I have given permission to camera, contacts, microphone, and storage and now the notification appears.  However, I do not understand what any of these permissions have to do with the Now Playing notification.  Can you tell me which ones I can remove?  I do not want to blindly approve permissions and allow Spotify to collect data that is not required.

Solution!

Hello @cabban@Led_Zeppelin@inmymind and the rest,

We're removing the Widget from Android devices. You can still play, pause and skip songs from the notification center. You can read more about why we removed the widget here.

At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. When we’re testing, you may see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature for only a temporary period. Let us know what you think over at the Ideas Exchange.

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Renegade-Punk
Casual Listener
Please bring the widget back. What's the next thing you're going to take away, the desktop client? I'm running out of reasons to pay for Premium. As if Spotify wasn't profitable before, you're going down the drain.

dokidokiDoro

My widget just disappeared last night, Android. Bring it back. Like if you're redeveloping it because of security issues or something, fine, but I want it back. Thanks.

Svampmoln
Casual Listener

@Guido

What do you mean with:

"We're removing the Widget from Android devices. You can still play, pause and skip songs from the notification center. You can read more about why we removed the widget here."

There's litteraly no explination in that post, it just says:

"We’re here to let you know that we are retiring the Spotify Widget for Android this week."

Is there even a reason for this, can someone on spotify give at least one reason? Other than to **bleep** off constumers?

SUGGESTED POSTS