Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Choose widget is gone

Solved!

Choose widget is gone

Hello great feature issue In none and beta versions is music homescreen removed and can't add it back same in all launchers? What have you guys done, why destroy stuff instead of fix bugs😥

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Screenshot_20190802-054840.jpg
122 Replies

That post basically say that it's gone, it gives no reason what so ever. What's the point of just removing it? I'm paying for a service and now I get a worse service for the same amount of $$ without any reason, just a workaround 😡

This is ridiculous... Spotify seems to only be about removing features without adding anything new. 

First they remove the drag to search in your playlist, and now this... You aslo refuse to add Hifi subscribtion. 

Man I should switch to Tidal permantly now. 

This is the most ridiculous "update" ever.  It doesn't even have a reason in the article linked.  A person has to choose whether to have the widget on their phone's home screen so this is about customization.  Now I have to go find the app. and open it to make changes to playlists rather than one click on the home screen.  This feature was used so many times per day for me.  Your users had the option whether to install it or not so you taking it away is making it more difficult to individualize the app. they pay to use.  

That's not a 'solution' - I use the widget every day. Now I have to sideload an old version to get this basic functionality. This is ABSURD. Put the widget back, or I will cancel my sub and go over to Google Music, or something more friendly to Android. 

Astonishingly bad idea. This is the opposite of an improvement. It's a pointless reduction and the explanation given is laughable. Seriously thinking of switching to another music app. Please reinstate it.

So stupid! Did Apple pay you to bring Android down to stupid iOS level?

I really hope you bring the wedget back and soon. Otherwise I will be forced to look for a different source for my music. This is one of the stupidest ideas a company has had in years. 

• I'll just sideload the older version and not update.  But this is a bad decision and you are treating your customers badly.  

This is possibly one of the stupidest decisions a company could make. Why would you remove something that made using your service easier. Bring the widget back! 

And just like that I cancel my premium spotify.. I use the widget every day of my life.  What were you thinking spotify. I can find no printed reason for this. 

@BMcFarland618 wrote:

This is possibly one of the stupidest decisions a company could make. Why would you remove something that made using your service easier. Bring the widget back! 

1. Install the Amazon App store (https://www.amazon.de/gp/mas/blp/install/ref=mas_rw_hw?campaign=DLP&channel=4&asin=&appVersion=stabl...)

2. It still has by now the old version available. Uninstall your current Spotify App

3. Reinstall via Amazon App store

4. Get your widget back. I just did it and it works.

Good luck and may the fore be with you

Thanks! People should also register their thoughts here. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Android-Other-Maybe-a-widget/idc-p/4802468#M99241

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

Why would you remove such an useful feature, it doesn't make sense! Ko

I'm reminded of n64 Bond, when one could aim and shoot the rocket launcher at their own feet. I'm still on a 3 mo trial with Spotify. Ironically, the missing widget space on my screen is directly below the Google Music widget which is still there. I have stored by own mp3s on Google music for years but decided to give Spotify a whirl because of supposed better accessibility. I guarantee I will be switching back to Google if this issue isn't resolved by the time my trial is up. What a horrible move. Android users use widgets!!! Hello!!!! 

I've given this idea an upvote https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Android-Other-Maybe-a-widget/idi-p/4802378

If more people do, perhaps spotify will get there act together.

I moved away from iOS and Apple because I was tired of them dictating how I use and customise my device, apps etc. 

The widget for Android looked clean and actually worked well. Why are you removing it when people clearly like it?

You still haven't fixed issues like artists not showing when you've hit follow, random crashes, problems importing your own music if you use any sort of protection for your PC/mac at all but this was the problem you just had to rectify? 

What a joke.

So annoying that you've removed something that people regularly use without consulting us?! And no justification given at all. Do you value your customers at all?

#bringthewigetback

As a Product Owner myself, I strive to add functionality to my application, never remove it. 

You're clearly making paying users upset with your inconsiderate upgrade. 

Please pass this message on to your DevTeam. 

Almost not worth paying for premium anymore thanks to the inconvience caused. Gone from partially user friendly to almost useless. Good job.

Why. Why. Why. The widget was my main interface with Spotify on my phone. I want everything I use regularly available on my home screen. Hence a widget! Now I need to perform an extra action. And I can't access the full app as quickly as before. Stupid, stupid idea. Give me back my widget!!!

Suggested posts