Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Choose widget is gone

Solved!

Choose widget is gone

Hello great feature issue In none and beta versions is music homescreen removed and can't add it back same in all launchers? What have you guys done, why destroy stuff instead of fix bugs😥

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Screenshot_20190802-054840.jpg
122 Replies

@krychu_s wrote:

@Guido wrote:

We're removing the Widget from Android devices. You can still play, pause and skip songs from the notification center. You can read more about why we removed the widget here.

Genius. So I had it on my main screen, now I need to open the app if I clear all notifications. Great job Spotify, expected more from you.

At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. 

Oh yeah, like removing the best feature of Spotify which was syncrhonizing music to BPM for running. And what were your last great "new features" please remind me? The shi**y codes which you can show someone to follow you. Oh great! What's next? More ways of reacting to music, like hearts, angry faces etc.?

You overthink this and go wrong way, not making the music experience better but making the app more investors friendly by showing new, not worthy anything features.

This. This times a 1000. I have not had anything to really complain about Spotify, up until this decision that totally flipped off a lot of Spotify's Android users. 

https://rawapk.com/amazon-appstore-apk-download/

Download Amazon apk and load Spotify through the Amazon app store... The widget problem disappears,

Here's the real solution: install an old version. Short guide with links here

Spotify is a company run by people who don't use the product.

So obvious.

Download Spotify after loading from Amazon app store to get widget back.

Spotify, I'd like to apply for a job.

My best guess is the person has a Fire Phone from Amazon with the preinstalled Amazon App Store.

So **bleep**ing stupid. Now I'm reminded why I had auto updates off on my old phone. Like many others, I used the widget daily and was my primary means to interact with and pull up Spotify. 

This company is apparently completely out of touch with its users. Most of the "updates" are downgrades. The interface redesign that occurred some point over the last year was one of them, in my opinion. And they wonder why they're not profitable when idiotic decisions like these are made... 

Why was my thread merged into this one?  My issue is why the the playback controls don't appear in the notification center and NOT about the widget being removed.  FYI, I am still having this problem. This was the original link to my topic:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Now-Playing-Notificaiton-Missing-from-Notification-Shade/td...

Please move my issue back to its own dedicated topic.

@alexcapone wrote:

Why was my thread merged into this one? 

If I had to guess, the staff here are working in full damage control mode and are trying to make the issue of the missing widget look smaller than it is, and your topic was collateral damage.

@WhereMyWidget wrote:

Spotify is a company run by people who don't use the product.

So obvious.

Download Spotify after loading from Amazon app store to get widget back.

Spotify, I'd like to apply for a job.

This version of Spotify doesn't look like it has a way to navigate to your playlists from your library. 

So how do I roll back my spotify app? If the new version removed a feature I wanted, and I foolishly didn't forbid automatic updates (new phone, forgot to turn off auto-update on all my apps) to keep functions I like from vanishing on me...

Another app doing something stupid like this was why I DISabled auto update on every app except my bank and antivirus on my last phone.

Saying "You can do it from the notification center" does not change the fact that now I have to get past all of the notifications to get to the controls instead of just pausing or skipping tracks from the home screen, where I WAS able to easily switch between music, podcasts, and audiobooks just by hitting play on the appropriate widget.

Uninstall Spotify

Install Amazon app store from link above

Install Spotify from there

Biff baff boff the widget is back

@WhereMyWidget wrote:

Uninstall Spotify

Install Amazon app store from link above

Install Spotify from there

Biff baff boff the widget is back

As I previously said, this version of the app does not show all your playlists in your library (only if they're considered recently played). You actually have to go to your profile to view all your playlists which is 2-3 additional steps. For myself and many others, playlists we've created are mostly what we listen to. 

WHYYY please companys stop removing good functions or things from your app or programm although it is not used much. Some people really like those functions... And what is the benifit from removing the widget..

What are you playing at Spotify. Cancelling my sub at the end of the month....crazy decision.

Why on earth would you get rid of this?! Please bring it back!!!!

So I intentionally disable notifications on everything that's not email, text, or calls. Now I have to make an exception because some dunderhead thought the widget was redundant. No, it had an appeal to people who don't want a cluttered notification bar. Accept that you made an error, listen to the criticism and bring it back with the next update. Please

Hang on, so first you guys remove the search bar in "All songs." Then you CHANGE my "All songs" library to "liked songs". Then you push playlists onto us. You remove ease of access to radio and stations, and now you remove the widget for ease of access?

Who is coming up with these ridiculous ideas? Obviously they are not thinking of the consumer. 

@Coldplasma819 wrote:

Hang on, so first you guys remove the search bar in "All songs." Then you CHANGE my "All songs" library to "liked songs". Then you push playlists onto us. You remove ease of access to radio and stations, and now you remove the widget for ease of access?

Who is coming up with these ridiculous ideas? Obviously they are not thinking of the consumer. 

This and many other changes they've constantly done and features taken away for no reason is making me consider giving Tidal a try. Might as well try anything that allows playlist conversion. 

I will cancel my premium next month unless you bring the widget back.

It literally costs you nothing so stop screwing your customers.

@JorisTheSpider wrote:

So I intentionally disable notifications on everything that's not email, text, or calls. Now I have to make an exception because some dunderhead thought the widget was redundant. No, it had an appeal to people who don't want a cluttered notification bar. Accept that you made an error, listen to the criticism and bring it back with the next update. Please

Exactly! My notification area is flooded already, and being forced to move one more app there entirely is not my idea of a good solution. I already have stuff like VPN, SmartThings, Caller ID etc filling that spot even without any actual notifications!

Suggested posts