Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Choose widget is gone

Solved!

Choose widget is gone

Hello great feature issue In none and beta versions is music homescreen removed and can't add it back same in all launchers? What have you guys done, why destroy stuff instead of fix bugs😥

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Screenshot_20190802-054840.jpg
122 Replies

Bye Spotify - just signed up for Deezer and it is because of both your removing of the widget AND your boneheaded response to customer dissatisfaction. Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 11.02.57.png

Way to alienate your android fan base. #wheresmywidget

the stupidest idea yall have had by a long while imo i only use the widget i never use the notification as when you pause music if you hit clear notifications the Spotify one disappears to so then i have to go back and open the app again

and ya know what never had to do that with the widget so widget wins over notification i dont get why you cant just do both like you were doing before its then up to the user if they want to use it or not would be interesting to see analytics on how many people actually have the widget on their pages i get the feeling it would be a lot 

I don't work for Spotify, my friend. It's a quick fix to get the widget back.

well looks like ill be looking into other music subscription apps then google play seems like the next best option tho will have to look into others mentioned in this thread well done spotify "slow claps" i constantly said "i cant live without spotify" well looks like ill now be saying i cant live without " insert any other music service thats not spotify" your loss again well done at being just another business that makes shite decisions and angers a whole user base dont no if i can say this rivals apple removing its headphone jack (the reaosn i will always pick a android over apple) but imo its pretty **bleep**ing close 

Everyone just download Ubiquity Music Widget.

It's free, it's source code is openly published, and it works with spoitify!

Even if they reintroduce the widget now, I won't care. 🙂 

@Scholarly wrote:

this would be a great option if it didnt keep telling me the widget keeps stopping so dosnt work for me 

@xXStarLordXx wrote:

@Scholarly wrote:

this would be a great option if it didnt keep telling me the widget keeps stopping so dosnt work for me 

found one that works for me called "alternate music widget" icon is a vinyl record tho i will likely still look into different music services if they still haven't brought back the widget as removing it was stupid especially when almost all other music apps have one 

What is your reasoning for this? Why do you do things that just anger users.  I used it every day and I don't see any reason for you to remove it. I cancled my premium until it's brought back.

This is not evolving, it's devolving.

I'm sorry but this a dumb and stupid idea. Bring it back!

What a joke, the peoplw who made this decision clearly dont use android, a home screen widget is far more useful than the notification hotbar. Honestly the past few updates have made my spotify buggier and slower. Have always loved the platform but almost at the point to switching to apple music, even they offer an android widget.....

Don't forget to rate the app as one star and say why. Spotify is still a top rated app, maybe we can bring it down a notch. 

Spotify removed it only for Android users I don't know why. That tool was very useful tho.

You close the previous thread? We can find another one. GIVE THE WIDGET BACK!!! COWARD!!!

Spotify is so ridiculous they removed the widget. I hope they bring back in next update or soon.

You beat me to it, I was going write the exact same thing... It's like the spotify crew are actually just bots, I have never got a meaningful answer from any contact with them, let alone actually answering questions with anything other than cut and paste answers. Better yet they make stupid decisions like this removing a great widget. Think I'm almost done with spotify

I have further questions. Who's stupid idea was it to remove the widget?

iOS never had widgets, and now neither does Spotify for Android. Yahoo reporting that Siri may open up to Spotify. Is this quid pro quo?

just had a prime example of why the notif bar dosnt work was just playing spotify accidentally closed the app itself by swiping on the wrong app and went to continue play via notif bar and what ya no the notif bar isnt there either bring back the widget or make the notif stay there permanently and then make the way to get rid of it something that you cant accidentally do like make us have to click ... then hit close notif otherwise ima constantly be closing the notif every time music is paused as i regularly hit clear all rather than swipe the 10 out of 11 notifs i want to keep  

this just makes things 10x harder for your useres 

Just incredibly poor service by Spotify again. Mine has only just stopped telling me that I'm connected to Waze every time I get into the car! If I weren't getting my premium subscription as part of my phone contract I'd be back to Google music in a heartbeat. 

Suggested posts