Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast Audio - problems skipping/changing tracks

Solved!

Chromecast Audio - problems skipping/changing tracks

Problem: Spotify connected to chromecast audio -> Whenever you skip one or more tracks it loses the connection to the chromecast audio and you have to reconnect it.

We've had this problem in the discussion board before:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Chromecast-Audio-problems-skipping-tracks/td-p/1258699

But I think it's wrong to mark it as solved! Setting up a new account definitely is not the right way to solve a problem! You would loose all your Followings doing this. Spotify has to do sth as a lot of people have this problem as you can see here:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chromecast/uDFWSxBjqAM/S0eSns_iCgAJ

Who else has the problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Now it works for me. I didn't do anything. I just updated the Spotify app. I think Spotify has changed something within their software. No skipping problems anymore.

Firmware:

Spotify: 6.5.0.1665

Chromecast Audio: 1.22.78337

Iphone6

Happy new year 😉

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey,

I am having exactly the same issue.

I have tried a lot to solve this:

Reinstall Spotify App on all my devices, delete appcache of Spotify App, setup a new premium account,

reset chromecast audio to factory defaults and reconfigure, change wifi settings channel, 2,4 GHz and 5 GHz Mode, only 2,4 GHz,

test with another internet connection of a friend

Nothing works. I dont know what the problem is. It is very sad.

The use of a new account as it is marked as a solution, also does not work.

It is anoying!

I have the same problem. I wrote to Spotify for support but they didn't reply yet.

Provider:Vodafone (Germany) 16000 kbit/s; Router: EasyBox 904 xDSL; Changed the router to AVM Fritz!Box 3490 --> Still have the same problem.

Something that confuses me: When i connect Chromecast Audio with my iphone 6 (using the phone in Hot-Spot-Mode) Spotify on Chromecast Audio works without problems. I tried it at a friends house with an TP-Link Router, no Problems. I tried it at another friends house with an pretty old AVM Fritz! Box Router and slow internet connection (6000 kbit/s), also no problems.

At the moment i think the skipping problem is because of the provider vodafone. 

I don't know about that. I don't use Vodafone. I've got a Nexus 6P by the way.

Same problem here.

A few weeks ago i changed my provider. Now i have an 50000kbit/s connection. I also got a new wlan rooter. I hoped the problem would solve with this change but it didn't. Same skipping problem as before.

I created a new spotify account for testing. But the new account has the same skipping problems.

Also the spotify support wasn't able to help me. They did the same thing as with other users having this problem (test account, delete some background information, etc..)

So now my solution is to change form Spotify to Deezer. I'm sorry for that. I would prefere to keep my spotify account but with this skipping problems it makes no sense for me.

Deezer works great with chromecast audio. No skipping problems! Almost same song library.

You can also transfer your playlists to you Deezer with spotizr.com or soundiiz.com.

Have fun!

thank you for confirming, that's a problem with the spotify app... i'm really tempted to change to deezer, too

Any solutions for this?

Marked as solution

Now it works for me. I didn't do anything. I just updated the Spotify app. I think Spotify has changed something within their software. No skipping problems anymore.

Firmware:

Spotify: 6.5.0.1665

Chromecast Audio: 1.22.78337

Iphone6

Happy new year 😉

Suggested posts