Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast audio not in Devices Available list on Android

Chromecast audio not in Devices Available list on Android

I am a Spotify premium user and have been streaming via two Google Chromecast Audios successfully for at least a year. Recently connection to the Chromecasts has become more difficult as they do not always appear in the Devices Available list on the Android app. The non-appearance in the list now seems to be normal, meaning of course that I can't use Spotify on the Chromecasts from my phone without a great deal of workaround e.g. restarting the phone, rebooting the Chromecasts, removing and reinstalling the Chromecasts on my home WiFi network. Once connected Spotify mostly works successfully, with the server updating the app as one music track finishes and the next starts, but sometimes the app does not show these updates and control of the music stream from the phone becomes impossible. 

I have no problems when I use the same phone to stream music from Google Play Music and from BBC iPlayer Radio. In these apps the Chromecasts always appear and connecting to them is immediate. 

I am using Android 8.1.0 on a Google Pixel 2. The Spotify app is at version 8.4.46.575 armV7. Google Home is at version 1.28.27.3. Chromecast Audio firmware version on both devices is 1.30.111140. The Pixel 2 and both Chromecast Audios are on the same WiFi network. 
1 Reply

I am also becoming extremely frustrated with the poor Chromecast support, my Galaxy tab S2 regularly loses sync with whatever is playing on Chromecast and volume control is very hit and miss. Oddly, my iphone seems to work more reliably.

I have seen this mentioned several times in this forum but it nevers seems to be addressed. 

I'm a big fan of Spotify slowly losing faith in the product......

Suggested posts