Country

Netherlands

Device

Nokia 8.1

Operating System

Android 10

Chromecast Audio version: 1.42.172094

My Question or Issue

The connection between spotify and chromecast audio breaks approximately every 5 minutes. I do not have other devices to test on but if i use my laptop (and make connection via phone) it also goes wrong

I do not have this issue with other music casting apps, it is solely Spotify.

The chromecast audio has been resetted and updated to latest software.

I have cleared Spotify cache and uninstalled and reinstalled spotify countless times. It drives me crazy. Also, i pay for a functionality not delivered. 

2 Replies

Hey there @superfunki

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We're currently aware of an issue causing the behavior you describe. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. 

Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. However your solution is not acceptable since the spotify team seems not to be acting on complaints and concerns addressed in that topic. The same complaint has been mentioned for months but your 'appropriate team' has not come up with a solution.

So we pay for omething which does not work as it did and you do not take it seriously. Can you inform me how spotify will deal with that? SHould we end our subscriptions?

Suggested posts