Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast not available in "connect devices" on Android

Solved!

Chromecast not available in "connect devices" on Android

My Chromecast does not appear in the list of devices to connect to on the Spotify Android app (Galaxy Samsung S7).  Other devices are listed (such as my PC).  I can cast from all other apps (such as Netflix) from that same phone.  I restarted everything (cast, router, phone...) and reinstalled Spotify (including removing all cached data)...

All versions are up to date...

And still... no way for Spotify App to display my Chromecast. I get bored, really.

It was working a week ago, it is broken now.

Any suggestion someone ?

Thanks!

168 Replies

Started working again just now!

Working at last.....hope  it keeps going

Yep, indeed I'm back in action as well.  Interesting to think about what all is going on on the back end.  I didn't think Spotify's online service would have any bearing on my available casting devices on my home network.  All a little bit phishy if you ask me.

I think the "Accept as solution" should be held off until Spotify officially confirms what happened.

I can see my chromecast also again! strange things happening...

Everything works ok again!

I can confirm it's working as well. Good job Spotify, I was just about to give up on you.

Also found my **bleep** here!

Marked as solution

It's back work! Thanks what ever yall did!

I keep getting notified that an accepted solution has been posted..but there is no explanation.  The issue is magically fixed yes but nobody knows why it was broken.

Unsubscribing the thread and forgetting about it now.

After 24 hours doing nothing Spotify found my Chromecast again. So Sometimes It works sometimes it doesn't. Still I think an update is definatly necessary. There is no way Spotify decides rather i can listen to music or not.

OK for me too

Indeed today tried it again and I saw my chromecast....but for how long?

Same here. Hello spotify?!

Hi again all,

Glad to hear that it's resolved for you again. 

If you notice anything doesn't look quite right still, be sure to get back to this thread.

Marked as solution

As the first to have posted the issue, maybe I can close it 😉 ?

Spotify support has confirmed me that the problem has been solved on their side.  No more details have been provided, but let's trust they have done the right things...  Spotify runs a complex service with many integrations with external parties: this is a daily engineering challenge.  They run a very innovative and flexible development process that is often cited as an example.  They (hopefully) solved this issue (that they probably created themselves... **bleep** happens) rapidely (yes, even if we often feel frustrated to wait for our service to be back) (too many parenthesis in this sentence).  And that is important: it's OK if it fails, as long as you can rapidely fix it, unless if you work at SpaceX.  It's better when it never fails, but Murphy's law is around.

Enjoy your day!

(PS: I have no shares in Spotify... just my opinion)

Thanks for the fix, Spotify :).

This is an issue again. I don't see Chromecast at all under any circumstance.

Same here! Chromecast audio not found... again... 

Looks like the issue has resurfaced...

The bug is back! 

Spotify won't find any of my Chromecasts. 

Suggested posts