Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast not available in "connect devices" on Android

Solved!

Chromecast not available in "connect devices" on Android

My Chromecast does not appear in the list of devices to connect to on the Spotify Android app (Galaxy Samsung S7).  Other devices are listed (such as my PC).  I can cast from all other apps (such as Netflix) from that same phone.  I restarted everything (cast, router, phone...) and reinstalled Spotify (including removing all cached data)...

All versions are up to date...

And still... no way for Spotify App to display my Chromecast. I get bored, really.

It was working a week ago, it is broken now.

Any suggestion someone ?

Thanks!

168 Replies

Same problem here. I bought a Chromecast today so that I would have a stable solution for casting my music using Spotify but it is a bad start 😞

I did manage to stream a song once from two devices but after disconnecting I could not see the chromecast device anymore. 

Same problem! Every smartphones are unable to find my chromecast (youtube and netflix work very well).

I'm having the exact same problem with Galaxy S7 edge and Chromecast audio. Done everything I can, even installed Spotify app again. Other apps work just fine. Not happy, plus it took ages to get this message posted becuase of the stupid usability quirk in this forum... Very close to switching to Google Music... Would not be searching for alternatives if this was the first problem, but...

Same problem here...

Hi, 
i am listening to spotify over chromecast on a daily basis. 
today, i suddenly stopped seeing the chromecast as an available cast device . 
it works with all other apps. i can cast videos, music, streaming from any other app i have on my phone, even cast from my chrome browser through my PC. 
i am on the same WiFi network as the chromecast is.
it clearly looks like a spotify issue.

Actions Taken:
*Factory reset the chromecast device and reinstall it
*Cast from the Desktop app (PC)
*Cast from the Android app 

**UPDATE**
i managed to cast to chromecast through the chrome browser feature. 
i'm opening the Spotify Web Player (https://open.spotify.com/) 
and i can see my chromecast there (under the chromecast browser Plug-In / Extension). 
when im trying again through the android app/ PC, still no success.

its really frustrating. 

anything else i can do ? is it a known issue ? 

i am using:
*OnePlus 3 running Android Version: 8 with Spotify app version: 8.4.35.152 armV7
PC running Win 10 with Spotify Desktop Version: 1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af

Same problem here.... 

@Spotify: please reply on this issue!

Same here, Chromecast suddenly disappeared from "Devices Available" today. Tried eveything from reinstalling the App, deleting cache, rebooting /factory reset Chromecast Audio, turning on and off Wi-Fi, restarting my phone.....I even tried reseting my router and it still wouldn't show up. What is going on here? All the other apps work perfectly fine except for Spotify!

Same song here.

Netflix, Hbo, youtube working fine.

Spotify is gone. New update would be nice and soon.

same here, not even from pc..sadness

Same here. 2 chromecasts non of them pops up on spotify.

Same problem for me on OnePlus X. I have rebooted phone, router, Chromecast Audio, killed the Spotify app and cleared cache.

My Chromecast appears in the Google Home app, but does not appear in the list of available devices in Spotify. This worked flawlessly a few days ago, but there might have been some app update lately. Other devices like my computer appear in the list of available devices, but not the Chromecast Audio.

Debug info:

Android: OnePlus v6.0.1

Spotify app: v8.4.35.152 armV7

Google Home app: v1.26.30.8

Chromecast firmware: 1.29.106147

Same here, can’t cast from Spotify to Chromecast audio while I can from other apps

Spotify 8.4.35.152 armV7

Android version 7.0

I cannot see my chromecast either, please fix it asap spotify.

All other apps work flawless

Same problem here - I came in from work and told Google Home to play some music, which it did (and still does). I then stopped that and tried to use it directly from my phone and it cannot see anything to connect to. This is irritating. 

I have a Google Pixel 2. Everything else is connecting fine to the Chromecast audio, including PC, GoogleHome and my girlfriend's LG G5, which is running the same version of Spotify (8.4.35.152)

I have the same problem ... I have tried so many things to get this working and the only thing I have found is to go through the Spotify Web Player and cast from the computer. After that I can see the Chromecast on my phone. This is very annoying.

Same problem on the OnePlus 3T. 

Me too

Same problem here on my Pixel. It worked fine yesterday and I am able to cast to my speaker with other services (Soundcloud, Google Play). Annoying!!!

Same pb. The app seems buggy...

Same problem - Started happening this morning, with Chromecast no longer displaying in the device list in the Spotify app.

Galaxy S8

Android version: 7.0

Samsung Exp version: 8.1

Android security patch level: Dec 1, 2017

Build #: NRD90M.G950USQS2BQL1

Suggested posts