Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast not available in "connect devices" on Android

Solved!

Chromecast not available in "connect devices" on Android

My Chromecast does not appear in the list of devices to connect to on the Spotify Android app (Galaxy Samsung S7).  Other devices are listed (such as my PC).  I can cast from all other apps (such as Netflix) from that same phone.  I restarted everything (cast, router, phone...) and reinstalled Spotify (including removing all cached data)...

All versions are up to date...

And still... no way for Spotify App to display my Chromecast. I get bored, really.

It was working a week ago, it is broken now.

Any suggestion someone ?

Thanks!

168 Replies

I have the same problem with both a Nexus 5 and Xperia X Performance, both running latest updates (7.1.2 and 8.0.0 respectively), and every other app on both phones are able to cast. Definately seems like a new bug, athough Spotify has always been the worst app in existence to detect chromecasts, too often requiring to kill the app one or more times before it workes. Tried uninstalling, deleting app data and reinstalling Spotify to no avail. Extremely frustrating

Same issue, Pixel 1. Between this and offline music suddenly disappearing the service is not very useful.

Yep, same issue. Have been contacting Chrome cast support and the problemen only occurs with Spotify connect.

Contemplating on leaving Spotify as if is because im not paying for this **bleep**.

I only use Spotify at home on my Chrome cast so if that doesnt work i dont need it at all and i'll switch back to YouTube.

If this issue persists I am going to be very upset if I can't get out of my
one year pre-paid Spotify subscription!

Same problem het on a Samsung 7 Edge. Can cast from every other program like Youtube, Netflix, etc....but not Spotify!

Please fix this asap!

Same issue. I have a OnePlus 2. Please fix it fast!!

Hello, good afternoon, I also have the same problem, I have no way to connect, try from 2 different cell phones. If I work with google play so it's not a network problem, it's problem with the spotify app, does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you
sorry for my bad English

Hello, good afternoon, I also have the same problem, I have no way to connect, try from 2 different cell phones. If I work with google play so it's not a network problem, it's problem with the spotify app, does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you
sorry for my bad English

One of my Android devices (Asus ME572C) is still running Spotify version 8.4.32.623 x86. That one is still able to find my Chromecast Audio. My other device (OnePlus X), which is running 8.4.35.152 armV7, is not able to find the Chromecast. Hence, a workaround could be to downgrade to version 8.4.32.623.

I have been in contact with Spotify Support. They confirmed the problem and assured me that they are working on it.

Edit: Corrected version number.

Spotify's Chromecast support is a total **bleep** joke. I rarely have a day when it works flawlessly. Now this happened.. Could you please at least try to make an effort for the paying customers? 

Just started today was working properly before. And all my other app can connect Chromecast audio but not Spotify. And yes, I reinstalled everything, still not working.

Same issue since android app update. Also happening in desktop app. Spotify has been garbage for years, and seems to get worse with every update.

Downgrading didn't work for me, yet maybe I should have done that more carefully/thoroughly (clearing all data and caches and whatnot again before downgrading)

Same here. It's been working flawlessly up until a couple days ago.

Feels like I've tried everything to fix it.

Would love an update from the spotify staff on this.

Same problem. Just happened today as was streaming fine all yesterday. I've rebooted both cc audios, and even reinstalled Spotify on my phone. I can stream from phone to cc audio with other apps but not spotify

Same problem het on a LG G4. Can cast from every other program like Hi-Fi Cast, Netflix, etc....but not Spotify!

This started happening on my Pixel 2 (Android 8.1.0) today -- I tried all the same things others have tried, to no avail. However, on my Nexus 7 tablet (which has Android 6.0.1) I can still see and connect to my Chromecast devices in Spotify. So maybe it has something to do with the Android version?

Same problem.

I can ses my app denon who have spotify connect but not my chromcastS. I have two  Chromecast.

I Fred anything.

This problem appears today. 

Problem  on my honor5c and my Galaxy tab.

There is an annoying but functional work around:

1.  Open up the google home app on your android device (same app you used to intially set up your chromecast)

2.  Click the menu in the upper left corner of the app.

3.  Click on the "Cast screen/audio" button which brings you to to a "cast screen/audio" page

4.  Click on the "Cast screen/audio" button 

5.  Select your chromecast device.

6.  Play spotify from your phone and it will now cast to this device.

Its currently the only way I can get casting to work on my android device.

Thanks mate, but are you able to control your volume with your phone? I
can't control the volume in the Spotify app, and my volume buttons don't
work as well.... Sheesh

Suggested posts