Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast vs Spotify

Chromecast vs Spotify

4-6 weeks ago I purchased a brand new Chromecast audio in order to replace my current network player and make it all a bit easier. But when I bought Chromecast audio apparently it all got a little more complicated!

I have now tried that Spotify will not connect on ANY chromecast I own (both normal video and the audio one that I own). It does a playback of the "connected" sound from my speakers and then in some mysterious way it just ends out at connections available again. This happened to me one time, I googled and ended up finding the solution from you guys, the big almighty Spotify. 

Simply delete the app and reinstall it. I did my due dilligence and sure enough it actually worked.

Today the problem occourred again so obviously I knew what to do! I tried to reinstall, and then another time after I had rebooted my phone as well. STILL there is absolutely nothing working...

I should probably point out that I can connect with absolutely anything else but spotify.

Do you have some kind of solution? I ran out of options myself, and yes they are all on the same network and all that other stuff that would probably matter. This is he second time within 1 week that it has happened so I am not really that pleased. 

And one more thing. You have not made it possible to control Spotify from a laptop via chromecast audio (It does not show up on the device list, but obviously you already know this) and this, to me is somewhat of a riddle. My old network player works fine and I can fully control it via the list of devices available, so how come you have not made the MOST COMMON streaming device available to be controlled from a computer? Is it just because you don't get any "royalties" or whatever from google? I should probably point out that I know that once it is started from the app on my phone I can fully control it, but why am I not able to launch the darn thing?

Sorry for the rant, but currently I am really not impressed by you lots performance

2 Replies

Hey,

Sorry to hear about this.

Could you let us know which brand and model and Android OS version of your mobile device?

About casting (launching Cast apps) from laptop/desktop: Google Cast SDK currently only support casting from iOS, Android or Chrome OS. Not from Windows, or Mac OSX, or Linux.

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge with Android 6.01

Suggested posts