Country

United States

Device

LG V35

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Hey knowledgeable lads,

Recently I've been having issues with Spotify Connect on my Android device. I use it mostly to play Spotify over my Amazon Echo (first gen). Through the Spotify app I can control the volume of the Echo using my device's volume buttons. It used to be that this would only happen when the app was in the foreground. However, recently this volume control persists even when the app is in the background. It completely overrides my ability to control the volume of my Android device, opting only to control the volume of my Echo. I have messed around with such settings as "Spotify Connect in background", both on and off and neither has any effect. The only way that I've found to avoid this overriding of volume control is though completely force stopping the app. This is not ideal in the slightest. So basically, how can I make it so the app is controlling my echos audio only when it is in the foreground?

1 Reply

Hey there @Frightcrafter,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community.

What you describe is to be expected since your device acts as a remote control. That's why it overrides in controlling the volume.

If you think other users might also like your suggestion about the volume control when connected to Amazon Echo, click here and follow the steps to submit an idea on our Ideas Boards. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.    

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. 

Suggested posts