Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Art missing from Playlists

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S20 UltraOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueRecently (about a month ago), Spotify for Android updated and started showing Album art next to the song names in playlists: https://imgur.com/a/H...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Recently (about a month ago), Spotify for Android updated and started ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution can't login premium account Android - need to reinstal the app

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDeviceHuawei P10 LiteOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHello.Unfortunally sometimes when I open the Spotify app it says I can't login. I place my user and password but I can't manage to login because I have no inte...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device Huawei P10 Lite Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Hello. Unfortunally sometimes when I open the Spotify app it says I can't login. I...
  • LSMelo
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution On my home screen the new six playlists are gone. Is there anybody else with the same problem?? Thx

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • FuriousStyles1
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot pause music on lock screen

Hello All, When the Galaxy 8 phone is locked it allows me to go back a song and skip to the next song when Spotify is playing but it will not allow me to pause the song. It cues me to "Use Fingerprint to Unlock"Android 9, last update 2/28/2020 (curre...

• Hello All,   When the Galaxy 8 phone is locked it allows me to go back a song and skip to the next song when Spotify is playing but it will not allow me to pause the song. It cues me to "Use F...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Album cover art sometimes not loading

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDevice(Galaxy S6 Edge+)Operating System(Android 7.0) My Question or IssueSo, I'm not sure whether this is a known issue or not. Sometimes, an album that I haven't listened to in a while wouldn't load its cover art complet...

Screenshot_20191223-174948.png
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Philippines Device (Galaxy S6 Edge+) Operating System (Android 7.0)   My Question or Issue So, I'm not sure whether this is a known issue or not. Sometimes, an alb...
  • halfaxadegaza
  • Music Fan
  • 12 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Album Cover
    bug android
    Glitches
  • 12 replies
  • 8 likes

Why does my note 9 revert back to the new version even with auto update off?

I install the old apk version and its great for a few weeks give or take, but I'll open it occasionally and it's back to the new version...what am I missing? It only recently started but before it stayed locked in. Is there somewhere in the app that ...

• Regular
  • I install the old apk version and its great for a few weeks give or take, but I'll open it occasionally and it's back to the new version...what am I missing?  It only recently started but before...
  • EdgeOfThorns
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Option to share from App to Instagram Stories disappeared.

PlanPremiumCountry: Canada Device(Sony Xperia)Operating System(Andriod) My Question or IssueSomehow today after I logged off my Instagram account and back on, my option for sharing from the Spotify app to my Instagram stories disappeared and I was le...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country: Canada   Device (Sony Xperia) Operating System (Andriod)   My Question or Issue Somehow today after I logged off my Instagram account and back on, my...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Download limits

My partner and I share a Family Premium account and use Spotify on two android mobile devices. The problem is with my phone, a Google Pixel 3. Spotify only lets me download a limited number of albums - maybe forty or so - before it tells me I've reac...

• Visitor
  • My partner and I share a Family Premium account and use Spotify on two android mobile devices.  The problem is with my phone, a Google Pixel 3.   Spotify only lets me download a limited n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Crash at startup

Hey, I know, I'm not the First guy Posting that topic, but non of the advices helped me. I cannot run the spotify app on my android device. One second After startup (showing the gray screen with the spotify icon) the app crashes.I reinstalled several...

• Visitor
  • Hey,   I know, I'm not the First guy Posting that topic, but non of the advices helped me. I cannot run the spotify app on my android device. One second After startup (showing the gray screen ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Crash startup
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Music stops and Spotify stops responding after opening other full screen application

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDeviceSamsung S9Operating SystemLatest android and security update My Question or IssueRecently since the new update when opening full screen applications such as games, spotify stops playback and doesn't show up in the nav...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Singapore Device Samsung S9 Operating System Latest android and security update    My Question or Issue Recently since the new update when opening full screen...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange issue with storage option SD card

In settings I chose the option to store my downloads on the external SD card. It happens regularly that this option is undone. Without changing it, in storage settings the option internal storage is marked and my downloads start over again - with the...

• Visitor
  • In settings I chose the option to store my downloads on the external SD card. It happens regularly that this option is undone. Without changing it, in storage settings the option internal storage is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Connected devices - how to disconnect phone without switching off music

PlanPremiumCountryMalta Device(iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy 7, Macbook Pro mid 2015)Operating System(iOS 12, Android, MacosX) My Question or Issue When iPhone or the MacBook plays the music and all 3 devices are connected through WiFi on the home network...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Malta   Device (iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy 7, Macbook Pro mid 2015) Operating System (iOS 12, Android, MacosX)   My Question or Issue   When iPhone or th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Like button on notification banner is broken

Hi Spotify,I've been having a problem with the like button on notification panel for couple of weeks now.The like button on the notification banner just isn't working anymore. In order to like a song I have to open the app itself.Everything else on t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify, I've been having a problem with the like button on notification panel for couple of weeks now. The like button on the notification banner just isn't working anymore. In order to like a ...
  • ZenDis
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Zufällige wiedergabe

Halloo,Habe eine frage zur zufälliger wiedergabe/shuffle. Kann es sein das es nur die best of songs abspielt. Mir ist aufgefallen dass, wenn ich bei intepreten auf shuffle gehe, nach ca. 20 songs die playlist wieder von vorne beginnt. Obwohl es doch ...

• Casual Listener
  • Halloo, Habe eine frage zur zufälliger wiedergabe/shuffle. Kann es sein das es nur die best of songs abspielt. Mir ist aufgefallen dass, wenn ich bei intepreten auf shuffle gehe, nach ca. 20 songs d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify taking over bluetooth when not in use

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceHuawei P20 ProOperating SystemAndroid 9.00.2 My Question or Issue: I'm using Huawei P20 Pro for streaming and handsfree calling in my Audi A6 with MMI2 high and Dension Gateway 500S BT http://www.dension.com/automotive/p...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Norway Device Huawei P20 Pro Operating System Android 9.00.2   My Question or Issue:   I'm using Huawei P20 Pro for streaming and handsfree calling in my Aud...
  • alovaas
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! My Mixtapes are gone

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevice(Huawei PSmart 2019) My Question or IssueSome time in the last 6 hours the "Start"-View changed and completely removed the "Für dich erstellt"(created for you) section. Other (unwanted) categories have taken their place...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device (Huawei PSmart 2019)   My Question or Issue Some time in the last 6 hours the "Start"-View changed and completely removed the "Für dich erstellt"(crea...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify closing suddenly in celphone

Spotify works normal, I´m listening to the songs when suddenly the app closes, without any error message. I´ve already try to reinstall, to remove de SD card and it continues happening.Sometimes I don´t even can listening ONE song until the end that ...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify works normal, I´m listening to the songs when suddenly the app closes, without any error message. I´ve already try to reinstall, to remove de SD card and it continues happening.Sometimes I do...
  • hbeltrano1
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution BAD: Giant Podcast Button on new Home Page

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo, latest My Question or IssueThe new changes force on us a GIGANTIC podcast button that is informationally intrusive to the experience of using the Android app. It serves as ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Operating System Android Oreo, latest   My Question or Issue The new changes force on us a GIGANTIC podcast button that is in...
  • ConArb42
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Ständiges ausfallen von Spotify auf dem Huawei P20 lite

Hallo zusammen, hatte bei Spotify bisher immer nur einen Premium Account und habe diesen mit meiner Freundin geteilt. Sie kam auf mich zu und meinte es stürzt in unregelmäßigen Abständen ständig ab und man müsste Spotify dann immerwieder neustarten. ...

• Visitor
  • Hallo zusammen,   hatte bei Spotify bisher immer nur einen Premium Account und habe diesen mit meiner Freundin geteilt. Sie kam auf mich zu und meinte es stürzt in unregelmäßigen Abständen stä...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Pausing ALL audio playback randomly on Android

Phone: Pixel 3OS: Android 10 with the November 5 patchSpotify version: 8.5.33.831 There is a bug in the latest Android Spotify app. The Spotify app, without warning, with no notifications, and no user actions will randomly pause any audio media playi...

• Phone: Pixel 3 OS: Android 10 with the November 5 patch Spotify version: 8.5.33.831   There is a bug in the latest Android Spotify app. The Spotify app, without warning, with no notification...
  • 引きこもり
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes