Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung S10e, Huawei P10 plus - app crashes on start

No updates on Samsung S10e and Huawei P10 plus but suddenly app crashes on start for both tonight. Was using it on S10e earlier today with no issues.PlanPremium

• Casual Listener
  • No updates on Samsung S10e and Huawei P10 plus but suddenly app crashes on start for both tonight. Was using it on S10e earlier today with no issues. Plan Premium
  • proffs
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Crash
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue wiped and can't add songs to queue from mobile app

PlanPremiumDevicePC/Xiaomi Mi5Operating SystemWindows7/Android 8My Question or IssueI use Spotify on my phone and multiple PC's. I decided to give premium yet another chance, because on free my play queue got wiped every time I switched devices and I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device PC/Xiaomi Mi5 Operating System Windows7/Android 8 My Question or Issue I use Spotify on my phone and multiple PC's. I decided to give premium yet another chance, because on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth Audio Paused

PlanPremiumCountryCanDeviceMoto G7 Power And W205 c400 Benz command systemOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue So when I'm playing Bluetooth music from my phone via Bluetooth through my car stereo I will hit Pl...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Can Device Moto G7 Power And W205 c400 Benz command system Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  So when I'm p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with offline mode and downloads

PlanPremium(free trail)CountryIndiaDeviceSamsung galaxy m30Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueMy offline mode or the downloads stay for only one day. I should clear my offline devices and reinstall app if i have used offline mode because t...

•   Plan Premium(free trail) Country India Device Samsung galaxy m30 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue My offline mode or the downloads stay for only one day. I sho...
  • Arumaybiswas
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

sneaky dash - Mendler keeps playing instead of my playlist

I have a premium family plan and when playing on my Samsung 10e a tune I have never hear of and never play keeps coming up and knocks out my playlist and then keeps playing. If I go back to my playlist, a couple of my songs play and then this track c...

• Visitor
  • I have a premium family plan and when playing on my Samsung 10e a tune I have never hear of and never play keeps coming up and knocks out my playlist and then keeps playing.  If I go back to my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Virus
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No follow friends button/find friends

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceHuawei SE MateOperating SystemAndroid App (8.5.44.941) My Question or IssueSeveral of my friends have followed me on Spotify, but I can't see them or see any other followers I have. I can access their profiles, but there is no...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA Device Huawei SE Mate Operating System Android App (8.5.44.941)   My Question or Issue Several of my friends have followed me on Spotify, but I can't see them or ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Minhas músicas não carregam no android. / My songs don't load on android.

PlanPremiumCountryBrasilDevice(Motorola Z2 play)Operating System(Android 7.1.1) My Question or IssueNão consigo ouvir nenhuma música, a principio a versão mais atualizada do Spotify não faz login, o aplicativo carrega, carrega e não faz login. Baixei...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Brasil Device (Motorola Z2 play) Operating System (Android 7.1.1)   My Question or Issue Não consigo ouvir nenhuma música, a principio a versão mais atualizada do ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps going offline/logging off

Hi there. My Spotify keeps logging off almost every day and I have to relog every time, then I have to re download all songs I already did download the day before.This has been a huge problem for me since the last 4-5 updates, but, before that, I've ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there.    My Spotify keeps logging off almost every day and I have to relog every time, then I have to re download all songs I already did download the day before. This has been a hug...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify links in Facebook Messenger open in browser player, not Spotify App

If a friend uses Share/Facebook Messenger in Spotify to send a link to me, when I the click it, lets me choose between playing thesong in the browser player or to download and install the Spotify app (which I already have). How can I make shared Spot...

• Regular
  • If a friend uses Share/Facebook Messenger in Spotify to send a link to me, when I the click it, lets me choose between playing  thesong in the browser player or to download and install the Spoti...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

How to stop or pause SpotifyAppRemote media player?

PlanFree/PremiumIndia Device(All Android Device)Operating System(Android) My Question or IssueHi, I have implemented SpotifyAppRemote Api with my application. I have to playing playlist with spotifyAppRemote Api, I need to stop remote media player fr...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium India   Device (All Android Device) Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue Hi, I have implemented SpotifyAppRemote Api with my application. I have to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stops playing randomly

I have a Samsung Note 9 with the latest update of Spotify and I'm using some Powerbeats 3 connected wirelessly through my phone. The issue is that as I'm listening to my music, spotify will just stop playing through my headphones, however when I chec...

• I have a Samsung Note 9 with the latest update of Spotify and I'm using some Powerbeats 3 connected wirelessly through my phone.   The issue is that as I'm listening to my music, spotify will ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

How to launch an Android Intent to search for and play a song on the Spotify app

I'm developing an application and would like to launch the Spotify app and have it search for and play a song. The following command line works with Google Play Music but not with Spotify: adb shell am start -a "android.media.action.MEDIA_PLAY_FROM_S...

• I'm developing an application and would like to launch the Spotify app and have it search for and play a song.  The following command line works with Google Play Music but not with Spotify: &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't connect to Chromecast audio anymore

PlanPremiumCountryAustria DeviceHuawei P10 Lite (my account)Huawei Mate 20 Lite (account of my wife) Operating SystemAndroid 8, Spotify: 8.5.11.762Android 9, Spotify: 8.5.11.762 My Question or IssueChromecast Audio worked yesterday, but today it just...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Austria   Device Huawei P10 Lite (my account) Huawei Mate 20 Lite (account of my wife)   Operating System Android 8, Spotify: 8.5.11.762 Android 9, Spotify: ...
  • ttmitcham
  • 39 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 39 replies
  • 26 likes

Sleep timer unavailable when offline

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung S8+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhen Spotify cannot reach servers the song menu is unavailable when in song view, meaning you cannot set a sleep timer. I am having trouble recreating it unfortunat...

•   Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung S8+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue When Spotify cannot reach servers the song menu is unavailable when in song view...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Consistently plays the same wrong track.

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(Samsung S7 Edge and OnePlus 7 Pro)Operating System(Android 9 and 10) My Question or IssueWhen the bug manifests, whatever I try to play, the phone plays the same wrong track - "Do it again - Remastered 2001 by The Beach Boy...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device (Samsung S7 Edge and OnePlus 7 Pro) Operating System (Android 9 and 10)   My Question or Issue When the bug manifests, whatever I try to play, the phone ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • wrong track
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Random songs play over my selections

When trying to play my podcasts or songs it will play them for a few seconds then start trying to play songs that i didn't select or have in any of my lists. It is persistent in always trying to play these songs so I can't listen to what I want.I did...

• Visitor
  • When trying to play my podcasts or songs it will play them for a few seconds then start trying to play songs that i didn't select or have in any of my lists. It is persistent in always trying to play...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile: play, shuffle folders

Hey! I really like the folders function but I am not able to use it on my android. The option to play the entire folder doesn't seem te be there. What do I do?Thanks!PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDevicesamsung

• Visitor
  • Hey!   I really like the folders function but I am not able to use it on my android. The option to play the entire folder doesn't seem te be there. What do I do? Thanks! Plan Premium Count...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

In car Bluetooth - audio stuttering

PlanFamily PremiumCountryUKDeviceHuawei P20 ProOperating SystemAndroid 9.1.0.371Vehicle BluetoothNissan X-trail 2017 My Question or IssueFor the last few months audio whilst using Bluetooth in my car is stuttering and making Spotify unusable. I've tr...

• Visitor
  • Plan Family Premium Country UK Device Huawei P20 Pro Operating System Android 9.1.0.371 Vehicle Bluetooth Nissan X-trail 2017   My Question or Issue For the last few months audio whi...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Queue re-shuffles when connecting to car bluetooth.

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUSADevice(Samsung Galaxy s10+)Operating System(Android 10) My Question or IssueI've been having this issue now for months where the queue I've build up resets when I connect to Bluetooth in my car and it only happens in a car...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country USA Device (Samsung Galaxy s10+) Operating System (Android 10)   My Question or Issue I've been having this issue now for months where the queue I've build ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify does not reliably change the display to show the next song

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10e My Question or IssueThe in-app display with artwork in the middle and the bar showing elapsed time on the bottom will not reliably change when a song ends and the next one begins. I have notice...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy S10e   My Question or Issue The in-app display with artwork in the middle and the bar showing elapsed time on the bottom will not...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes