Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Constant Ads Disrupting My Walk

Constant Ads Disrupting My Walk

Plan

No plan

Country

United States

Device

(Android, Samsung Galaxy S20 5G)

Operating System

(Android)

My Question or Issue

A few weeks ago when I was going for my walk, I noticed that whenever I would select a new artist to listen to, there would be constant ads almost like, every 5 minutes or so, which is very disruptive to my walk and overall exercise.

Sometimes in the past, whenever I would select a particular album from an artist, it would usually give me the opportunity to watch a particular ad for 30 MINUTES OF UNINTERRUPTED LISTENING, and I'd go 30 minutes without listening to ads. But a few weeks ago on that day, I did not get that choice at all to go 30 minutes without ads.

I'm not sure why that is, but I thought it was a little bit disappointing and distracting to my exercise having to listen to ads every few minutes when I thought that the 30-minute, ad-free option would've given me the choice to go without ads.

1 Reply

Hey @sadewolu,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

First, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing troubles.

If you keep getting ads too often, could you check if it happens on a different device? This could give us a better look at the issue.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts